Is there any way of changing the blue backround light
    12-06-07 10:00 AM
    Unfortunately no, its in the keys themselves. You can buy a black and white case/keyboard online (cnn.cn?) and replace the silver housing with black. Looks sharp too.

check this topic out: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/bla...n-photos-9205/
    12-06-07 10:08 AM
    It looks like you must have the silver BB8830We from VZW. I swapped out the silver housing and keyboard with the black version available from cnn.cn and the keyboard . They even have a video that you can watch to show you how to accomplish the switch. It isn't very hard to accomplish. I made the swap to black keyboard and there is a world of difference in the clarity of keys at night.
    12-06-07 10:11 AM
    I ordered the black keyboard as well as the housing from cnn.cn about a week and a half ago. I received everything but the keyboard with my package then was told they are sold out of the US version. I'm not very happy with them right now.
    If anyone knows of an alternative, I (and I'm sure the OP) would be very grateful.
    12-17-07 12:16 AM
    ya Slog I ordered the kit back in November and when I got mine it came w/ a Belgium KB and I was PISSED i emailed him and they took care of it but they send everything registered mail and I live in an apt complex and they laeve friggin cards in ur box saying goto the PO to pick up ur package.. so hopefully its the right one this time.. i feel ur pain tho
    12-17-07 12:21 AM
    Wait, does it matter whether you purchase the original 830 in Silver or Black? Or are the keys hard to see either way?
    12-17-07 01:17 AM
    When you switch to the black faceplate with white numbers/letters does it dim at night like the display? If not, how bright is it compared to the blue?
    12-17-07 04:28 AM
    CNN has a black European keyboard. How is it different from the US version?
    12-27-07 06:51 PM
    Unfortunately no, its in the keys themselves. You can buy a black and white case/keyboard online (cnn.cn?) and replace the silver housing with black. Looks sharp too.

check this topic out: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/bla...n-photos-9205/
    WHY, Why should it be necessary to spend money on replacing that Crappy Color keyboard, after spending so much to purchase the phone?!!!!
    Shouldn't we be going back to VERIZON with our complains about their POOR choice of color (BLUE) for the keyboard. Isn't it about time we all quit letting Verizon off the hook?
    12-28-07 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD