I am using the 8830 WE.

My work set it up for me so I can receive E-mails through my Outlook on it.

Which works perfect.

However, when I am at work and I move a message to an Outlook folder, that's where my problem comes in.

When I choose View Folders on my BB, I can see the folders that I usually see on my Outlook at work. However, when I select those folders on my BB, they are completely empty.

How can I view my Outlook Folders on my BB, exactly how I can see them on my Desktop at work?
    07-11-08 09:50 AM
    I am using the 8830 WE.

My work set it up for me so I can receive E-mails through my Outlook on it.

Which works perfect.

However, when I am at work and I move a message to an Outlook folder, that's where my problem comes in.

When I choose View Folders on my BB, I can see the folders that I usually see on my Outlook at work. However, when I select those folders on my BB, they are completely empty.

How can I view my Outlook Folders on my BB, exactly how I can see them on my Desktop at work?
    I went through the following steps to see if I could find a solution to your problem.

First, I created a folder named "Test" under my inbox in Outlook. A minute or so later I checked my BB and the folder was there. I then moved a file from my inbox to "Test." It did not automatically sync to the Blackberry, but when I selected Menu/Reconcile Now, the file appeared in the Test Folder on the blackberry.

I then dragged an existing folder, Test2, from my Personal folders in Outlook to "Inbox/test/" in outlook. Again the folder appeared on the blackberry in just a few moment. Again it was empty. This time when clicked Menu/Reconcile Now, I got bidirectional arrows, but no files appeared in inbox/test/Test2 on the blackberry.

From these results, I conclude that if you set up folders in your inbox in Outlook, you can drag files to those folders and sync then OTA to your Blackberry by using Reconcile Now. However, once files are removed from the Outlook inbox, it is not possible to sync them to the Blackberry. This behavior is consistent with what we see when we delete a file from the outlook inbox. The file is deleted from the blackberry inbox, and if we move the file from the Deleted Items folder in Outlook back to the Inbox folder in Outlook, it will not reappear in the Blackberry Inbox.

Please post and let me know if this helped.
    07-19-08 04:47 PM
    Ok, after playing around with that, I've pinpointed the problem.

Message A just came to my Outlook Inbox.

I drag and drop in Folder A.

Now I have Message A in my Blackberry Inbox as well.

I can view Message A in Folder A on my Blackberry.

However, I still have it in my Inbox on my Blackberry.

And that's where I've been deleting them after I see them in their proper folders.

And it's that point that it deletes it out of Folder A on my Blackberry.

So I guess the question is.

How do I delete Message A from my Blackberry Inbox, but still have it filed in Folder A on my Blackberry?
    07-21-08 04:20 PM
    My BB is connected through an enterprise server. I do not have any of the above problems. My emails in Outlook are run through rules which automatically place them in folders - all of which I can see on my BB instantly.
    07-23-08 12:20 PM
    I went through the following steps to see if I could find a solution to your problem.

First, I created a folder named "Test" under my inbox in Outlook. A minute or so later I checked my BB and the folder was there. I then moved a file from my inbox to "Test." It did not automatically sync to the Blackberry, but when I selected Menu/Reconcile Now, the file appeared in the Test Folder on the blackberry.

I then dragged an existing folder, Test2, from my Personal folders in Outlook to "Inbox/test/" in outlook. Again the folder appeared on the blackberry in just a few moment. Again it was empty. This time when clicked Menu/Reconcile Now, I got bidirectional arrows, but no files appeared in inbox/test/Test2 on the blackberry.

From these results, I conclude that if you set up folders in your inbox in Outlook, you can drag files to those folders and sync then OTA to your Blackberry by using Reconcile Now. However, once files are removed from the Outlook inbox, it is not possible to sync them to the Blackberry. This behavior is consistent with what we see when we delete a file from the outlook inbox. The file is deleted from the blackberry inbox, and if we move the file from the Deleted Items folder in Outlook back to the Inbox folder in Outlook, it will not reappear in the Blackberry Inbox.

Please post and let me know if this helped.

JeffH the BES Blackberry GURU!!!!! Rock on bro!
    07-23-08 12:32 PM
    Ok, after playing around with that, I've pinpointed the problem.

Message A just came to my Outlook Inbox.
    I drag and drop in Folder A.
    Now I have Message A in my Blackberry Inbox as well.
    I can view Message A in Folder A on my Blackberry.
    However, I still have it in my Inbox on my Blackberry.
    And that's where I've been deleting them after I see them in their proper folders.
    And it's that point that it deletes it out of Folder A on my Blackberry.
    So I guess the question is.
    How do I delete Message A from my Blackberry Inbox, but still have it filed in Folder A on my Blackberry?
    My BB is connected through an enterprise server. I do not have any of the above problems. My emails in Outlook are run through rules which automatically place them in folders - all of which I can see on my BB instantly.
    Sorry to be so slow responding. I have been traveling. My results are consistent with Drizzt's: If I move an item from the Outlook Inbox to Folder A, a sub-folder in the Outlook inbox, and click "reconcile now" on the blackberry, the item moves out of the blackberry messages inbox and into Folder A. It is not in the blackberry inbox anymore, so I don't have to delete it.

So, I can't reproduce your problem. My system works like you expected yours to. Are you on BES? Or did your work IT just configure a BIS inbox for your work email? That may explain the difference in results.
    07-23-08 07:37 PM
    In the Options, go to General Options and set Hide Filed Messages to Yes. When you Reconcile, it will not appear in the main message screen. If you delete it instead, as you've been doing, the message is completely deleted.
    07-24-08 08:36 AM
    I am running into a similar problem.

From what I can find out is any email that were in those folders before you generated the encryp. key for will no appear due to security issue's maybe?

Reason I say this is I ran a test similar to Jeff but with a email before (Message A) and after I setup my BB (Message B), I'm on a BES server. I could see the folder but no messages. Moved Message B to the test folder and after a few minutes it appeared but not Message A. I created a 2nd test folder and moved both Message A/B. After a few minutes Message B was the only message that appeared. I moved the email back to my Inbox and did a Reconcile and still no Message A but Message B was there.

This could be a coincidence but this is what I found.
    09-29-08 04:10 PM
    You could be right about the effect of the encryption key. I don't keep messages in folders on my BlackBerry. I just set up a folder to test the question for the earlier posters.
    09-29-08 08:33 PM
    I thought I had it but when I open up the view folders from from my e-mail I get all of the mms folders. I go to the desk top manage configure sync and to advanced there are folder mapping. I have a box on the right that has the folders in it and on the left one folder. Inbetween the two boxes are add and remove buttons but they are greyed out. I can't seem to get them to be accessable. What am I doing wrong?
    10-04-08 05:51 PM
    I am facing the same problems. I used to be on T-Mobile and everything worked fine. I'm on AT&T now and all my subfolders are empty on the Blackberry, even after reconciling.

This sucks cause I rely on going back to my emails while in the field all the time. Any solutions?
    10-07-08 12:59 AM
    I am plagued by the same problem here, we just got new BB Curves and I can not even see stuff filed late last year.
    01-14-09 08:23 AM
    I am running into a similar problem.

From what I can find out is any email that were in those folders before you generated the encryp. key for will no appear due to security issue's maybe?

Reason I say this is I ran a test similar to Jeff but with a email before (Message A) and after I setup my BB (Message B), I'm on a BES server. I could see the folder but no messages. Moved Message B to the test folder and after a few minutes it appeared but not Message A. I created a 2nd test folder and moved both Message A/B. After a few minutes Message B was the only message that appeared. I moved the email back to my Inbox and did a Reconcile and still no Message A but Message B was there.

This could be a coincidence but this is what I found.
    Not sure if this has been visited here, but have you used the folder redirection option?

On the blackberry,

Go into the Email icon
    Click the menu button and choose options
    Go into the Email Settings menu
    Click the menu drop down button on the blackberry (the button with 7 dots) then choose Folder Redirection
    Expand the Inbox menus until you see the sub inbox folders
    Put a check in the folders the user wants to see on the Blackberry

It will only show emails from now on, I.E., past emails will not be redirected here from the outlook box.

Hope I'm answering the correct question here. If not, tuck this nugget in yer "How To" folder

Bill
    01-26-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD