I am trying to download some ringtones as instructed on this cool site to no avail...evidently the file is too big?
    Anyone able to help?
    04-09-08 08:04 PM
    do you have a media card ?
    04-09-08 08:05 PM
    I suppose if I don't know that answer, i probably do not huh?
    04-09-08 08:06 PM
    do you have a media card ?
    Hi there,
    I saw this thread and I'm having a problem with looking at several websites on my blackberry 8830. I have a memory card and there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind it. Some sites (google, gmail) are ok, but some links to CNN or other news sites say it's too large. I have a friend with the same phone and he's able to see the pages just fine.
    Any ideas?
    thanks for your help,
    Chad
    04-23-08 04:26 PM
    Download Opera Mini and use that. The RIM Browser blows.
    04-23-08 08:23 PM
    I have the same problem in my 8330 Curve - and I have it ALL the time. Probably 3 out of every 5 web pages I try to access, I get the [HTTP Error 413: Request Entity Too Large] error message.

This sucks. I never have had this problem with Opera Mini.

Blackberry needs to get rid of this browser and get one that will actually do something! And the problem is compounded by the fact that BB's browser is the default, so if I click on a link in an email, it takes me to an error message all the time.

QUESTION: is there a way to designate the Opera Mini browser as the default browser? At least that would help me open up links from email messages.
    08-01-08 10:38 AM
    Options --> General Properties --> Default Browser: Change from BlackBerry Browser to Internet Browser
    11-26-08 06:04 PM
    Options --> General Properties --> Default Browser: Change from BlackBerry Browser to Internet Browser
    That was a great help when I had no browser access AT ALL. Making that change restored internet access, which was a big step in the right direction. However, it didn't solve the problem of the error message. I still get it all the time.

The Blackberry browser is far, far beyond pitiful. It doesn't work as well as the browser on my Palm OS Treo did - two years ago.
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 12-01-08 at 03:26 PM.
    11-28-08 04:23 PM
    Worked like a charm on my 9000!!!! No more 413 Error! (Was set for Blackberry Browser"
    11-29-08 11:48 AM
    That option is not there unless you're on a BES system.
    11-29-08 06:55 PM
    I still get that message, and I've made that very change. If I use other browsers; i.e. Bolt and Opera the page doesn't work the same, nor does it even open as a mobile site. So now what. BTW, I use a storm. I've learned to deal with it, HENCE: NO COMPLAINTS, but it be nice to watch longer videos.
    06-17-10 01:44 PM
    what exactly is the work around for BIS users? is operamini the solution? i get a dl failed when I try to dl the larger file using opera.

any help is appreciated!

btw i have the 8900
    07-10-10 08:17 AM
    I had the same 413 error problem and after messing around with the browser settings I found that by unchecking the "Support JavaScript" option in the Browser Configuration setting I now can load the pages I was having problems with, mainly the Wikipedia pages. Not sure if this will help in all cases.
    09-06-10 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the posts. I finally got my ring tone to download with no error message.
    09-30-10 08:41 AM
    Is there any other browser besides opera mini I find it very hard to navigate

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 09:05 AM
    Is there any other browser besides opera mini I find it very hard to navigate

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There's always Bolt. I don't know if it supports this version of the OS but may as well look into it anyway...
    12-09-10 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD