Hi everyone i am a new BB users.. i have BB 8830 WE gsm phone... i am subscribed to vodafone connection.. i have searched a lot for alternative for BIS plan since its costly.. i even tried editing brower config file service book../used opera mini.. but to no vail... is there any workaround for using internet without subscribing to BIS (since i have heard a lot that its possible)

i have few more doubts....
    1) i went to call log and selected status there its shows total calls as 1:17:29 that is 1hr plus.. but when i go to settings>status and type 'buyr' (without quotes) its showing voice usage as -28415.-4 minutes.... i dont understand what it is.. :-(
    2) how to download PDF reader or word processing tools for my BB.. i tried through blackberry apps website even used blackberryapp software in the phone but when i try to download the site shows error.. i dont know what to do... i just need those two application.. do you guys can direct me where i could find these 2 software... if you have compatible one.. is it possible to email it.....?
    02-21-12 05:16 AM
    Hi everyone i am a new BB users.. i have BB 8830 WE gsm phone... i am subscribed to vodafone connection.. i have searched a lot for alternative for BIS plan since its costly.. i even tried editing brower config file service book../used opera mini.. but to no vail... is there any workaround for using internet without subscribing to BIS (since i have heard a lot that its possible)

i have few more doubts....
    1) i went to call log and selected status there its shows total calls as 1:17:29 that is 1hr plus.. but when i go to settings>status and type 'buyr' (without quotes) its showing voice usage as -28415.-4 minutes.... i dont understand what it is.. :-(
    2) how to download PDF reader or word processing tools for my BB.. i tried through blackberry apps website even used blackberryapp software in the phone but when i try to download the site shows error.. i dont know what to do... i just need those two application.. do you guys can direct me where i could find these 2 software... if you have compatible one.. is it possible to email it.....?
    Hi,
    1) I am too on vodafone india network. Just subscribe to their cheapest BIS plan (I suppose that is 15INR for one day)then just before midnight unsubscribe.
    Do a battery pull then. And voila! working internet! Tada. Basically what we want is to just get those essential service books to b pushed by them. Service books hold the core internet configurations.
    2) While u would b on ur bis for one day hop into appworld and download the apps u require.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 03-24-12 at 05:42 AM.
    03-24-12 05:37 AM
    Change your APN settings mate !Go to options-advanced options-TCP/IP-check the APN settings enabled box-write the APN: internet
    PS- Do not check the second APN authentication Enjoy browsing
    04-09-13 07:55 PM
    So after a day, can you continue to use BBM & Mail over Wifi only?
    05-24-14 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD