I have the Verizon tethering plan with the hopes of using the 8830 with my Nokia N800. I can pair up over BT and do everything except access a web page which gives me a "network error". When I fire up the connection the 8830 shows Modem Mode Enabled for a bit and I can see the network access arrows indicating data is being exchanged with the N800 as expected but I just can't access anything online.

Is anybody successfully using tethering with the Verizon plan over BT and if so how did you set it up? I have a Verizon AirCard for my laptop so I don't want to use the 8830 with it, just the BT connectivity with the N800.
    07-07-07 10:05 AM
    I was told by one of the Verizon technical folks that BT tethering is disabled on the 8830. I never tried it. I use the USB cable for tethering and it works great.
    07-07-07 04:41 PM
    I can tether over BT with my MacBook Pro so that's not accurate.
    07-07-07 04:52 PM
    If the Nokia won't recongnize DUN capabilities of the 8830 then it won't work. BT capabilities have to be reported a certain way (protocol) for the paired device to use that protocol. If the Nokia is unable to do DUN, then it won't work.
    07-07-07 06:37 PM
    The Nokia can recognize DUN capabilities in general, just not sure it can recognize them from the 8830.
    07-07-07 06:56 PM
    HI everybody...I am new so be gentle. Anyway...I have a Gateway NX860 and now purchased the BB8830. I paid up front to Verizon the tethering fee...etc. Well that's it for me. I can't get it to tether! first the Verizon
    Access Manager keeps "Not Responding"...I read on here to download the latest desktop manager and the broadcomm drivers...it that doesn't work it's a user issue....must be...because it still doesn't work...however...now the access manager finished and will at least acknowledge there is a network out there...but now says the other computer didn't respond. Now, if that's not frustrating enough....another little issue cropped up...when I send email on my phone through my regular email account (not blackberry)...It asks for a read receipt. I did not consciously set anything to do that...it's quite annoying to people like my husband....ha how do I fix that?

Thank you for being kind...
    bdenson
    07-12-07 07:35 PM
    With the manager running you need to go into options and then wizard and reinstall the program. It must ask you for an access number which is your phone number. If you do not get this, delete the program from your computer and reinstall. Good Luck!
    07-13-07 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD