So I have my old Alltel 8830 WE just sitting in a box. I let my friend borrow it but she didn't return the wall charger, but I have everything else that comes with it. My question is do you know guys think I could get anything for this thing? Its in really good condition just no wall charger. And how much do you think I could get? I have Verizon now and well I just don't need it.
    08-31-09 05:04 PM
    if i were you i would go on ebay and see the going price... me personally i have seen them sell for 100 refurbished so it would depend on your phones condition...

when you decide to sell it you might want to find a mini usb charger somewhere..check salvation army or ask friends if they have any extras. selling a phone without a charger might not make it sell slower but people would prefer it to have one.

you have been a member long enough and have over 100 posts so you could always sell it in the market place forum here at crackberry instead of ebay. or craigslist too.
    08-31-09 09:01 PM
    if i were you i would go on ebay and see the going price... me personally i have seen them sell for 100 refurbished so it would depend on your phones condition...

when you decide to sell it you might want to find a mini usb charger somewhere..check salvation army or ask friends if they have any extras. selling a phone without a charger might not make it sell slower but people would prefer it to have one.

you have been a member long enough and have over 100 posts so you could always sell it in the market place forum here at crackberry instead of ebay. or craigslist too.
    Thanks JFriend! I think I may put it in the marketplace. Maybe I could sell it for parts to someone? I checked ebay and I saw them going for 60-120.. It's crazy how quickly the price value of some items decrease. Ah well..maybe I can talk a friend into taking it off my hands for 50. I should get a charger for it though....
    08-31-09 09:14 PM
    Why would you want to sell it for parts? I guess you could if you're good with taking a phone apart..personally if it were me i would go find a mini usb charger, clean the phone up, get everything together, take pictures of it, and sell it on marketplace...less hassle and you would probably get more for it as a whole functioning phone rather than parting it out...

if the conditions good, 50 bucks is way too cheap unless its a great friend...heck i got my red 8830 for free for helping my friend move...

Sure this phone isnt latest and greatest but its keyboard and screen are bigger than a tours (yes other crackberrians im aware the resolution isnt as good)...also has no issues with loose battery doors, screen rippling, or laggy track balls either...

what about saving the phone for a spare??

OR...sometimes you can find verizon stores that arent corporate and will give you credit for your old phone if you upgrade...

Think of something you want thats electronic of equal value. You could always trade it, for an ipod or something???
    08-31-09 09:39 PM
    Sure this phone isnt latest and greatest but its keyboard and screen are bigger than a tours (yes other crackberrians im aware the resolution isnt as good)...also has no issues with loose battery doors, screen rippling, or laggy track balls either...
    Hmm. I own both. The keyboard might be 1/8 inch wider. The screen on my Tour is just as big. No loose battery door. No screen rippling or laggy trackball. I'm sure there are some that have these issues, but the same could be said about the 8830. I loved my 8830, but the Tour is everything the 8830 was and much more.
    09-01-09 09:36 PM
    Ur one of the few who got a tour that was of decent quality....odds right now of someone else being that lucky...not so good. Even the green dot tours are lame-o....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD