Ok. I thought that hitting alt and enter would lock the keypad. It dosent. Other than scrolling through the menu how do I do this? I am running 4.5.0.77 verizon 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 11:14 AM
    ok, update... I am using the standard built in "L" theme... from the main screen (the L) if I hit ALT-Enter it goes to whatever hte cursor was on, just as if th alt button wasnt pressed. if I hit the Menu button to bring up the full menu of icons and hit alt-ent fron there, it locks. is it supposed to be this way?
    10-20-08 11:50 AM
    I use the convenience button to lock my keypad, instead of voice dialing.

Also, you can set your keypad to lock automatically when you holster it. I use both...
    10-23-08 10:43 PM
    the best way to do it is holding the mute button on the top for about 2 seconds. 2 major benefits. battery saving because it is technically "standby mode" and it locks all the keys except the top mute and power buttons. i took a demo 8830 and after fully charging it put it into "standby mode" and given that it didnt recieve any calls or have any activity it lasted 6 and a half days. the setting is money.
    10-24-08 05:33 AM
    ditto smiliey. I use the "mute" button on the top, hold that shizznits and let it be.
    10-24-08 05:35 AM
    if you go to the 'call' screen (where you dial numbers and can see your recent call list) and go into the options> general options you can change 'dial from home screen' to 'off' and that makes all kinds of shortcuts open up. the letter k would be keyboard lock and if you scroll through your apps, a lot of them will have 1 letter underlined in their titles. those are the shortcuts keys.

edit: if i had a screen cap this would help more but hopefully i explained it well enough.
    posted in another thread.
    10-25-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD