i just bought a used blackberry off of someone on ebay. i just got it in the mail yesterday and activated it last night.... basically bare with me i'm just learning how to work it.

well the previous owners emails are on the phone and i want to delete them or get rid of them. my question is how can i do this? so i can set up my own.
    04-26-08 02:38 PM
    Emails like actual mail? or Email address? You can delete the actual emails from the inbox and to get rid of the email addresses goto Option > Advanced > Service Books and delete them from there
    04-26-08 02:39 PM
    You should "wipe" the device, go to Options > Security > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Device.

That will clear the BB of ALL personal settings, mail, messages, calendar items, etc. It will not delete required OS files needed for the BB to operate, and you can start fresh with an almost like new BB.

Good luck.
    04-26-08 03:03 PM
    You should "wipe" the device, go to Options > Security > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Device.

That will clear the BB of ALL personal settings, mail, messages, calendar items, etc. It will not delete required OS files needed for the BB to operate, and you can start fresh with an almost like new BB.

Good luck.
    I agree with jsanders, begin with a clean slate
    Welcome to the Crack!
    04-26-08 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD