I've read a ton of posts, followed videos, pictures and instructions but can't seem to get my SD memory card formatted!

I insert the card into the phone
    A message pops up "A Media Card has been inserted that is not formatted. Please format the card."
    I press the track ball to hit the OK
    A message pops up "Media Card inserted"
    I go to Options, Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes
    Press the track ball
    Select Format Card
    Message pops up "Warning: Formatting the Media Card will destroy any data stored on it. Do you wish to continue?"
    Hit track ball for Yes
    Screen goes black, red message or notification light comes on (about 30 sec - 1 min)
    Screen comes on white with turning hourglass (about 1 min)
    Blackberry screen goes black with Verizon logo
    Then a status bar goes from 0-100% with a message reading "Verifying Security Software" And once it fills says "Test Complete!"
    And then back to the message "A media card has been inserted that is not formatted. Please format the card."

Ahhhh!! Sooo frustrated!! Any help?? Thanks =)
    03-25-09 04:43 AM
    What type of card is it that you have, and how many GBs?
    03-25-09 04:45 AM
    If you have a card slot on your pc, format it there. I had to do this and everything was fine.
    03-25-09 06:32 AM
    If you have a card slot on your pc, format it there. I had to do this and everything was fine.
    I agree, but I recently formatted mine with my pc by just choosing to format it while it was still in the phone when I plugged it in.
    03-25-09 06:50 AM
    I have a micro SD and adapted. It's 2GB
    When I tried it on my PC first it was saying "Write Protected" and then when I slid down the chip on the side it just tells me that it's unable to format.
    03-25-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD