I need to reset my phone to the factory settings. Is there a way to do that?
    Security Wipe is NOT the same as Reset to Factory Default!

The answer is: loader.exe /resettofactory
    See article KB18998 at the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center
    blackberry.com/btsc

The Security Wipe procedure, volunteered repeatedly in this thread, does NOT erase configurations and settings, only data.
    05-14-10 02:36 PM
    press the blackberry button and the option will appear
    05-25-10 05:05 AM
    I have a quick question. I stupidly installed the newer version of msn and have lost the old one i think it was 2.1.48...if i do a restore of the bb will it put the original msn back on there? if i restore will i need to do any settings with the bb to get it working or will it start up and ask to do an install of everything? i just don't want to do the restore and then i screw up my bb and get to the point that it doesn't load correctly because of software stuff or anything
    06-02-10 08:35 AM
    alt + right shift + del, thwn when the led turns red press it again...
    07-13-10 01:40 AM
    Will doing the "wipe handheld" completely delete all of my themes and whatnot? I really want to reset, but I dont want to loose any of the themes that I had paid for.
    08-25-10 09:44 PM
    Will doing the "wipe handheld" completely delete all of my themes and whatnot? I really want to reset, but I dont want to loose any of the themes that I had paid for.
    Wipe handheld will delete all user data and applications. You will lose your themes. If you bought them from the CrackBerry App Store, you will be able to get them back after logging in to your account.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-25-10 10:08 PM
    Wipe handheld will delete all user data and applications. You will lose your themes. If you bought them from the CrackBerry App Store, you will be able to get them back after logging in to your account.

^This. You beat me to it, lak.

You can also do a full backup then restore, but that may defeat the purpose.
    08-26-10 10:04 AM
    my blackberry wont accept my security code and always asks to enter 'blackberry' to continue, den asks for security code but doesnt accept it. i need to reset it so i can cancel password request. i have tried 9 times n i only have 1 try left, dont want to block it so need to reset it asap any help?
    09-16-10 04:14 AM
    how can i reset this phone when i cant see the screen . Its black . i NEED HELP PLEASE .
    11-19-10 02:12 PM
    You will probably have to replace the LCD on your BB Torch. Have you dropped the phone and damaged it?
    11-19-10 02:20 PM
    so one night i was with my friend and i looked at my phone and all of the sudden it was dead.. it said battery drained, turning off handheld. i tried charging it but almost immediately after i take it off the charger, it dies.i have been doing some research and i never got a real way to fix it. i updated it to the latest version for the 8320 and i tried restoring it. i tried the battery from my friends BB which is exactly like mine and it still went dead and my battery worked in his phone. i was wondering if anyone had solutions
    01-29-11 02:52 PM
    I thought on the Torch the battery was somehow mated to the handset so you can't just use any old battery. RIM did it to defeat the aftermarket battery makers, IIRC.
    01-29-11 03:37 PM
    so one night i was with my friend and i looked at my phone and all of the sudden it was dead.. it said battery drained, turning off handheld. i tried charging it but almost immediately after i take it off the charger, it dies.i have been doing some research and i never got a real way to fix it. i updated it to the latest version for the 8320 and i tried restoring it. i tried the battery from my friends BB which is exactly like mine and it still went dead and my battery worked in his phone. i was wondering if anyone had solutions
    Unlikely as it may be, it sounds like your phone has been damaged in some way that affects its ability to receive power from the battery. That sounds like a hardware failure that can't be remedied by changing the OS. If your phone is less than a year old, you may have a warranty claim if you are the original owner. If the phone is over a year old and you do not have insurance, you'll probably be better off buying another phone.
    01-29-11 06:33 PM
    Unlikely as it may be, it sounds like your phone has been damaged in some way that affects its ability to receive power from the battery. That sounds like a hardware failure that can't be remedied by changing the OS. If your phone is less than a year old, you may have a warranty claim if you are the original owner. If the phone is over a year old and you do not have insurance, you'll probably be better off buying another phone.
    so theres no way to fix the OS? and no im not the one who bought the phone i got it from a friend about 2 years ago
    01-29-11 08:58 PM
    You started having the battery problem before you upgraded the OS, right? I don't know that there is anything wrong with your OS. What version did you install?
    01-29-11 10:24 PM

When you say "wipe handheld will delete all user data and apps", will it delete all the phone contact list and the existing/saved sms and messages in the bb???

I really need help for this answer asap as I just lost my phone and I have some sms and msg saved and don't want the person who found it have the chance to read them and may use them for bad intention :-(

I already set password for my bb bold, so I guess they will have to try unlocking 10x times and then it will automatically restore to factory setting before can use the phone again right?

Thank you!
    01-30-11 03:24 AM
    Yes. Wiping the handheld will erase the phone contacts list and any saved SMS and messages. The thief will still be able to use your phone after the wipe until you report it stolen to your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    gray donkey likes this.
    01-30-11 04:29 AM
    You started having the battery problem before you upgraded the OS, right? I don't know that there is anything wrong with your OS. What version did you install?
    yeah i already had version 4.5 which is the highest for the 8320 but i tried upgrading anyway and it didnt help.. any other suggestions?
    01-31-11 05:31 PM
    If you already had the highest available OS for the 8320 installed, to what version did you attempt to upgrade? What happened when you attempted the upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 06:11 PM
    I have a blackberry curve 8530 on the metro pcs network. The phone has been working fine since I started using it 2months ago but recently i've been having trouble.

BBMessenger would usually work properly but now messages wouldn't send to contacts on BBM. The small "R" wouldn't appear over my messages signifying that they weren't received.

And whenever I get text message(sms) notifications i would go to my text message folder but no new messages would be present.

I'm not sure how to handle these problems.

P.S. How would I go about restoring by blackberry 8530 to it's factory settings?
    02-04-11 08:29 PM
    i got a question,
    when you wipe your phone, does it hurt your phone? like mess it up?
    04-05-11 06:25 PM
    No, wiping doesn't hurt your phone. It removes all your personal data from the device. It is not possible to undo a wipe; the data is irretrievably removed from the device. So be sure you have a backup of apps you have installed and your data before you do it.
    04-05-11 09:02 PM
    I got a BB 8530 from a friend of mine who just left for the military. She neglected to tell me the passcode to get into the phone. Is there a way I can restore it to factory without being able to go to the wipe device thing?
    04-27-11 04:16 PM
    To reset a BlackBerry� smartphone to factory defaults, complete the following steps:

Warning: Back up the data from the BlackBerry smartphone to a computer. For assistance with backing up data on the BlackBerry smartphone, see KB12487.

On a 32-bit Windows� XP to Windows 7 operating system (OS), complete the following steps:

Connect the smartphone to the computer.
    On the computer, click Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. (Note: For Windows Vista� and Windows� 7, right-click and run as Administrator.)
    Type cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and press ENTER.
    Type loader.exe /resettofactory and press ENTER.

On a 64-bit Windows XP or Windows 7 OS, complete the following steps:

Connect the smartphone to the computer.
    On the computer, click Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. (Note: For Windows Vista and Windows 7, right-click and run as Administrator.)
    Type cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and press ENTER.
    Type loader.exe /resettofactory and press ENTER.
    Note: BlackBerry� Desktop Software 4.7 to 6.0 must be installed on the computer. The BlackBerry smartphone must be running BlackBerry� Device Software 4.3 to 6.0.

On a Mac computer, complete the following steps:

Close the BlackBerry Desktop Software if it is open on the Mac computer.
    Open Terminal.
    Type cd /Applications/BlackBerry\ Desktop\ Software.app/Contents/MacOS/ and press Enter.
    Type ./bbdm resettofactory
    Note: In the Mac OS X environment, if the BlackBerry smartphone has a password set, you must specify that password within the command. For example: ./bbdm -password 12345 resettofactory (where 12345 is the BlackBerry smartphone password).

For BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1
    Open BlackBerry Manager.
    Select BlackBerry Domain.
    Click Edit Properties.
    Select IT Policy.
    Double-click IT Policies.
    Select the appropriate IT policy or create a new one and click Properties.
    Select Security.
    Set the Reset to Factory Defaults on Wipe drop-down list to True.
    Click OK to apply changes and exit.
    Assign the IT policy to a BlackBerry smartphone user.
    Right-click on the BlackBerry smartphone user and select Erase Data and Disable Handheld.
    For BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0

Log into the BlackBerry Administration Service with an account that can create or edit IT policies (for example, Enterprise Administrator or Security Administrator roles).
    Under BlackBerry solution management, expand Policy, and click Create an IT policy (assign a name, click Save, then click the new IT policy name) or Manage IT policies, and select an IT policy to alter.
    Click Edit IT policy.
    Click the Security tab.
    Set the Reset to Factory Defaults on Wipe drop-down list to True.
    Click Save all.
    Assign the IT policy to a BlackBerry smartphone user.
    Select the PIN number of the BlackBerry smartphone user from Manage users and choose Delete all device data and disabled device.
    06-07-11 11:34 PM
    I want to reset my phone to factory settings, but it will not allow me to open "options" When I try to open it I get a message that says "Uncaught exception: java.lang.error" what do I do?
    08-10-11 03:38 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD