I work for a pretty conservative company that issued me a WE 8830.
    I have to enter a password every time I want to use it. That makes me crazy and dramatically slows my ability to quickly access the desktop screen.
    They disable features like chat, media player, can't install any apps, etc. basically anything that makes it more than a dull corporate device.

How do I crack this thing and get back some of the functionality they suspended?

any help appreciated.
    Last edited by mullet; 11-17-07 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo
    11-17-07 02:00 PM
    Cannot be done by the average joe but I have heard of people using work arounds! The only problem is your IT dept will find out and you will get in trouble! Dont think it is worth your job!!!
    11-17-07 02:04 PM
    The only thing you can do is put a "blank" IT policy on it but soon as your BB contacts your company BES then the old one pushes right back down to it. The policy is there for a reason. If you have issues with what they are doing then I suggest you talk to your manager about it. We know everything your doing and if you try to remove your policy. Think Big Brother and that's us.

And yes I'm one of those "Evil" BES Admin's as people like to refer to us as on the forums.
    11-17-07 03:12 PM
    Why did you mention the Conservative part? Are democrats less protective of their belongings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-07 10:45 AM
    Why did you mention the Conservative part? Are democrats less protective of their belongings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Conservative is not neccessaraly a political term, there are a lot of conservative accountants that are political liberals.
    11-18-07 01:25 PM
    "Conservative" in this case means "strict about security." You need to decide if it's worth your job and your company's security. I will say that this is not the best place to ask about circumventing BES security. We have several BES admins here, and they aren't too keen on that sort of thing.
    11-18-07 01:47 PM
    Good advice here from everyone.

Mullet, don't attempt it. You may very likely be unhappy with the outcome.
    11-18-07 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD