The USB port on my 8830 is physically broken and I don't use a BES server. Please let me know how I can backup my contacts via Bluetooth or SIM card. BB desktop manager doesn't allow you to backup any device data via bluetooth.

Thanks
    12-08-08 06:35 PM
    I have seen other people claim that they could do so. I don't see a reason for them to lye about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 06:42 PM
    I would ask the user prophet about how to do it. He has a post a few posts back about the exact same issue stating the same issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 06:47 PM
    You might be able to install google sync OTA and get them up to google wirelessly (OTA sync). From there at least you have them backed up. I have not run google sync yet. I want to create a "clean" google account so everything comes from my phone up to google but I don't clutter my phone with the addresses of just about everybody who has ever sent me an email.
    12-08-08 08:08 PM
    I had the same issue, so what I had to do was add all of my contacts as attachments to an email, and sent it to myself. I couldn't find a way to do it via bluetooth.
    12-08-08 11:05 PM
    verizon has a service on their website called backup assistant you can backup your contacts there you just have to create an account and its free
    12-09-08 12:11 AM
    I recently purchased a very tiny Kensington Bluetooth for my new Vista Home Premium desktop and was able to do the backup and sync with my 8830 via bluetooth. There was some finagling necessary and I did NOT use the disc that came with the dongle.

The dongle is almost no bigger than the part of a usb plug than the plug itself. There's barely any grasp space to remove it once plugged in - trying to be descriptive.

Ah, found a link:

Bluetooth® USB Micro Adapter

It is the micro adapter. Someone else recommended it as working. So I don't know about there other slightly larger one.
    12-09-08 09:25 AM
    verizon has a service on their website called backup assistant you can backup your contacts there you just have to create an account and its free
    That doesn't work with smart phones.
    12-09-08 11:31 AM
    You might be able to install google sync OTA and get them up to google wirelessly (OTA sync). From there at least you have them backed up. I have not run google sync yet. I want to create a "clean" google account so everything comes from my phone up to google but I don't clutter my phone with the addresses of just about everybody who has ever sent me an email.
    That's the way I do it. Syncs flawlessly for me.
    12-09-08 11:33 AM
    thx! this solved my broken usb port prob :-)

03-18-09 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD