Ok I've read about changing the housing. I know about cnn.cn. So these questions go out to anyone with experience.
    1) Changing the Lens (not display): I've tried to look up answers from various sites and I get conflicting answers. So since CB is near and dear to my heart, I'll rest with answers from here.
    If I were to change JUST the lens, is there any glue or apoxy involved when exchanging a new one? If yes, any type specifically? I have little scratches on the lens so it almost looks like tiny water droplets distorting the display. I've tried using several scratch removers with no success.
    2) Housing: I saw the housing from cnn.com and was wondering if the lens and the front cover come together or seperated and then have to put them together? In the picture it looks like it's already attached but just wanted to make sure.

Thnx for any and all help.
    Last edited by skyys; 11-27-07 at 12:23 AM.
    11-26-07 05:52 PM
    Just so you know, it is cnn.cn not cnn.com/cn which is a news site.
    11-26-07 09:17 PM
    skyys,

You can replace just the lens or the entire case. I replaced the lens and the chrome sides a few weeks ago. The lens in tricky, it comes with a pre-cut "sticker" with 2 sticky sides. This holds the lens to the "frame" of the housing. You have to peel the backing off the sticker and place it on one side of the frame, then attach the lens. Make sure to hold it or clamp it together for a while so it stays. Mine is alreadt coming up. If I had to do it over, I would buy the whole casing.

Slyderla
    11-27-07 01:00 PM
    Awesome. Thnx slyderla.
    11-28-07 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD