My phone is new, less than 30 days old. The only app i have downloaded is E! Entertainment, my problem is my phone won't ever stop loading! It's so irritating, any time i go to do anything including making a call, the hour glass pops up and i can't ever finish what i was doing! So if a call goes to someone's voicemail, i can't even hang up because it doesn't respond when it's loading!!! Please help! I have no idea what to do, even after i restart it, it goes back to loading allover again. Any way i can make it stop?
    Last edited by leighbeck1; 09-02-09 at 06:33 PM.
    09-02-09 06:30 PM
    What I've learned is that my 8830 cannot handle apps really. I've deleted Brickbreaker, Docs to Go and small minor things within the applications and I dont have any 3rd party apps yet memory leaks are prevalent with this phone.

My suggestion is do a hard battery pull and recapture some lost memory because that's what the hour glass is signaling. And think about getting rid of apps because this phone was not really made for them.
    09-02-09 06:59 PM
    Check your free memory. Most of the time, when you have a constant hourglass, it means you are low on free memory.

Check how much free memory you have before and after a battery pull. You will want to have at least 10MB free right after a battery pull.
    09-02-09 07:06 PM
    Also make sure you are closing out of apps you aren't using. Apps running in the bacground can drain your memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:34 PM
    if its not that maybe the E! app makes some kind of a memory leak
    09-02-09 10:35 PM
    Alright....

what version is your software on your phone? Options<About will tell you that...

Go to options status and tell us how much memory is by file free... if its under 5 i would read the thread "0 file free"...

my red 8830WE did that. I had to get a new phone because of it. On the red one i even reloaded software on it, and installed nothing and it still did it.

Back up the phone with desktop manager. Do a clean install of the OS. After doing that, does the phone still do that? If it does, then the phone is defective. If it doesnt, then its got to do with what you're putting on it.

MaxMem is great, it lets you delete voice activating dialing which will free up some memory. Do you have a memory card installed? I would put in one if i were you. Make sure all media stores on the card and not on your phone.

Do you use blackberry messenger? if you dont, delete it. you can still send and receive pin messages but you wont have a buddy list.

I deleted bbm, brick breaker, languages i did not use, docs2go, and a few other things...

These phones are touchy when it comes to memory. Sometimes even installed themes will make your phone slower.

When I got my replacement silver 8830we, i wanted to ensure i would never see that darn hourglass ever again because on my red one it was non stop, and triggered by NOTHING. i would miss calls, go check my missed calls and it would always say unavailable. constant battery pulls get real annoying.

Lets recap...

options about, what os are you running?
    options status, how much file free?
    memory card installed?
    media stored on phone and not memory card?
    remove things you dont use options<advanced options<applications
    Install quickpull lite and schedule a battery pull every day when you are asleep.
    Install maxmem and delete voice activated dialing

Let me know what happens...
    09-03-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD