Is anyone else having problems with their BB running slow at times? Just today she appeared to have a mind of her own, taking way too long to complete the simplest of tasks. Also, why do my recent send and received SMS (text) messages just go away on their own. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    04-15-08 09:32 PM
    Checking free memory under settings>status, if it is low search forums for memory leak or John Clark's freeing memory.
    04-15-08 09:36 PM
    Pull the battery and reboot when you notice the hourglass spinning like that.

And your texts?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-logs-sms.html
    04-15-08 09:36 PM
    we'll get through dis together mate cause i have da same problem man. But go to john clarks memory thread, just type john clark's memory blackberry in google and it should be da first one on da list, and if u get it workin can u try to answer my own thread about john clark's memory cleaning?
    04-15-08 09:54 PM
    Is anyone else having problems with their BB running slow at times? Just today she appeared to have a mind of her own, taking way too long to complete the simplest of tasks. Also, why do my recent send and received SMS (text) messages just go away on their own. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    I had the same problem I just took it back to Verizon, explained to them the problems i was having and they replaced it for me. The only bad thing was i forgot to write down my appointments. lol
    04-15-08 09:55 PM
    omg! those are the same exact problems i am having!!!!

i need to figure this out! so glad you asked!

(ps i just got my BBerry 8830 last Sunday)
    04-20-08 09:12 PM
    I had this happen a couple of times in the past. The battery pull fixed it as jsanders stated.
    04-20-08 09:14 PM
    Maybe you have Low memory.
    04-20-08 09:15 PM
    The hour glass means low memory! Get a memory card for your media and follow john clarks info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-08 09:18 PM
    The hour glass means low memory! Get a memory card for your media and follow john clarks info.

Not always as I have 34 MB available and have had this happen before.
    04-20-08 09:21 PM
    You possibly have too many open Apps running in the background.
    Menu > Menu > switch applications. if there are more than 5 Apps running, then you'll need to do a Battery pull to close out some of those Apps.
    04-21-08 01:01 AM
    You possibly have too many open Apps running in the background.
    Menu > Menu > switch applications. if there are more than 5 Apps running, then you'll need to do a Battery pull to close out some of those Apps.
    How do you stop running thoose apps normally?
    08-30-10 01:38 PM
    I know exactly how you feel. I have a memory card and mine still runs really slow most of the time. I went through and cleaned out most of the apps. I have facebook, bb apps, bbm, and google maps.mos� of time it says I have 6.9 MB free but when its running really slow it says I have 0 free. I take the battery out and it starts running better. Just waiting to get a new one.

09-07-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD