broke power charging connector (mini usb) on phone while out of town, took it in to Verizon and they replaced it. Problem is I hadn't synced my contacts or calendar in a long time. i asked if there was any way to sync in store, but they said no because connector is broken. No way online? No.,they said. No way through bluetooth, broken phone to replacement phone? No, they said. I've since come back to hotel and it appears in fact that it CAN be done through bluetooth (Options,Bluetooth,Menu key, Options, Enable Address Book Transfers). I don't have time to go get my phone back tomorrow before flight back home. What CAN be done??? What would you do???
    Thanks in advance for your help.

I have 434 contacts...synced in January last...so have most of them....but...have "lost" quite a few PLUS calendar.
    Karen
    05-19-08 10:07 PM
    Oh man... If u can't use verizons machine or online then I'd say u were up a chocolate creek with out a spoon...
    What would I do? Pate pate chocolate (spanish)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 10:16 PM
    Oh wow I would never have left my phone until I got it synced. I cant think of anything at the moment. I know when I had my Treo with VZW they had the online sync you could do instead of connecting to your pc. Do they still have it if so did you ever use it to sync?
    05-19-08 10:20 PM
    Oh wow I would never have left my phone until I got it synced. I cant think of anything at the moment. I know when I had my Treo with VZW they had the online sync you could do instead of connecting to your pc. Do they still have it if so did you ever use it to sync?
    Agreed. Spend the money on a desktop battery charger and get by on that until you get home and/or do some research.
    05-19-08 11:08 PM
    i had a treo too and used that also. However they said it doesnt apply to blackberries. I dont know if that is true.
    thx!
    05-19-08 11:16 PM
    Agreed. Spend the money on a desktop battery charger and get by on that until you get home and/or do some research.
    i cant now...th deed is done. i just wish i could choke tht boy! i kept telling him I know there HAS to be a way,etc but he said no way.
    DOES BLUETOOTH WORK FOR TRANSFERRING CONTACTS FM OLD TO NEW PHONE???
    05-19-08 11:23 PM
    Bluetooth does work for Sync with Desktop Manager. Get the boy fired... lol.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-20-08 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Had to make it more visable for tyroni. ;)
    05-19-08 11:41 PM
    Nope. You cannot transfer the Address Book from one BB to another via Bluetooth.

I could read your post at the regular font, no problem, and agree with you. I was just answering her question in the previous post, which I thought she was asking, from BB to BB which is not possible.
    Last edited by tyroni; 05-20-08 at 08:46 AM. Reason: to explain my answer
    05-19-08 11:42 PM
    I thought Verizon crippled the Bluetooth so that it could not file share?

05-19-08 11:44 PM
    I guessed Verizon crippled the Bluetooth so that it could not file share?

I fixed it for you. Filesharing has nothing to do with Bluetooth Sync via DM.
    05-19-08 11:58 PM
    I fixed it for you. Filesharing has nothing to do with Bluetooth Sync via DM.
    No, you didn't fix anything for me... I posted a question, did not give an answer to anyone. Notice that I said "I thought" that they crippled the BT with a question mark after it. I did not GUESS, I ASKED!!
    05-20-08 06:27 AM
    A little bit of digging on the internet turned this up... probably won't help you much now, but it's a pretty good step-by-step how-to on syncing your berry with DM via bluetooth!

Set up Bluetooth connectivity with BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    05-20-08 06:34 AM
    Thanks for the link pashan, I was wondering if this could be done...

A little bit of digging on the internet turned this up... probably won't help you much now, but it's a pretty good step-by-step how-to on syncing your berry with DM via bluetooth!

www blackberry com/btsc/articles/835/KB04132_f.SAL_Public.html]Set up Bluetooth connectivity with BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    05-20-08 01:46 PM

Set up Bluetooth connectivity with BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    Thank you! I am just now getting ready to address this problem...i had to persuade them to ship me my bb w contacts on it. ive been enduring with no contacts. Im not looking forward to this as i always end up w duplicate contacts. bah!
    karen
    05-24-08 07:15 PM
    You're welcome Karen!! You shouldn't end up with the duplicate contacts if you use the switch device wizard... THat's how I've done all three of my warranty replacements.

GOOD LUCK!!! I hope it all works out for you!

Paige
    05-25-08 09:17 PM
    You're welcome Karen!! You shouldn't end up with the duplicate contacts if you use the switch device wizard... THat's how I've done all three of my warranty replacements.

Paige
    The problem with this is that Karen hasnt backed up in a very lonnnnnnnnnnng time and since the usb/charging port is broke how is she going to get her contacts updated/backed up to PC- before she can even begin the device wizard?
    05-25-08 09:24 PM
    If you follow the link in my previous post it walks you through step-by-step the process of connecting to DM via Bluetooth.

The first step in the switch device wizard is to perform a backup of the first device!!

As long as the directions I linked to work (I can't attest to this, I've never tried it myself) then she should be okay!!
    05-25-08 09:41 PM
    R U saying that the backup can be performed via BT w/ Device Wizard?

05-25-08 10:38 PM
    Yeah, I guess so. I ahve never tried this myself, so I am reluctant to say that this will work.

I found a link that says you can connect your berry to DM via bluetooth (see link above for step by step instructions). This is the part I can not attest to myself.

However, I have used the Switch Device Wizard and it DOES create a complete and total full backup of your device. It then prompts you to connect the new device to continue.

So, as long at the directions in the link I provided are correct and lead one to an actual connection via BT to the Desktop Manager then the answer to your question is, "Yes".
    05-25-08 10:42 PM
    Thanks for the explanation. For Karen's sake I hope it works for her.

05-25-08 10:52 PM
    first i have to either buy a bluetooth adapter for my laptop or tk it to my vzw store here and hope they have a BT enabled laptop w dsktp mgr on it.

M
    05-25-08 11:42 PM
    Can I suggest that you do whatever you can to avoid having to go to the Verizon store? I doubt very much that you will have success with them whatsoever!!!!!
    05-25-08 11:45 PM

Paige
    sw dev wiz requires a cabled connection as far as i cld tell
    06-01-08 03:45 AM
    hi all
    i bought a Kensington bt dongle(tht word SOUNDS PERVERTED..HA)...looked everywhere for a Belkin bc its on the list of approved drivers....
    everything worked ok until the bitter end. bt connected,paired,etc, but data just wouldnt transfer. problem then got deeper. i checked to see if i had serv pk 2 on my windows xp....and it turns out that for a very long time my Automatic Windows Updates have failed each time!!! Im sure it has to do w corporate geeks "securing" our system. AAGH! They think someone actually would want our data (real estate firm)!!! SOOO...now waiting on troubleshooting help from Microsoft via email.
    THIS COULD GO ON FOREVER....
    06-01-08 03:59 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I QUIT.
    Not going to try bluetooth anymore. Fed up.

Kelizrm

06-03-08 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD