The data port on my blackberry has a short in it, so I can't sync it with my computer. Is there another way to transfer my address book? My new Tour is on it's way and I don't want to type in all the addresses.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by hoffmaja; 07-28-09 at 11:23 AM.
    07-28-09 11:19 AM
    Sync it via bluetooth. This is yet another reason I only use GSM carriers.
    07-28-09 11:22 AM
    This is a question out of ignorance, but do I have to transfer one address at a time that way, or can I transfer all my contacts at once?

Thanks again.
    07-28-09 11:25 AM
    No, all of them but sorry,I assumed your pc has bluetooth. You can also sync with google contacts if you use G-Mail or Outlook.

EDIT:Wait no, that would require a data cable as well.
    07-28-09 11:33 AM
    If you are looking to transfer all contacts from one device to another you can take the new sim card with the old to a sprint location. They have a little device (yellow tirangle) that will copy them all over from the old sim to the new sim.

I have taken an old sim from another device and inserted it in the new device to copy the contact from the old card to the new BB.
    07-28-09 11:41 AM
    I think I'm screwed. I've looked everywhere and I've seen lots of people say that the only way to do it is if I were on BES (which I'm not).

It would sure be nice if we could transfer all our address book, calendar, etc. to the media card.
    07-28-09 11:42 AM
    If you are looking to transfer all contacts from one device to another you can take the new sim card with the old to a sprint location. They have a little device (yellow tirangle) that will copy them all over from the old sim to the new sim.

I have taken an old sim from another device and inserted it in the new device to copy the contact from the old card to the new BB.
    I thought about that. None of my addresses are on my SIM card though. Is there a way to transfer all of them to my SIM card? The only address currently on my SIM card is that of customer service.
    07-28-09 11:44 AM
    if you have a gmail account (or even if you don't you could create one) you could download google sync on your bb and sync it to gmail and do the same on your new bb and you should be good to go. I had the exact same problem as you and that's what I did and it worked like a charm, and it's free.

HTH,

JB
    07-28-09 11:48 AM
    i have sprint and i've transfered all my contacts through bluetooth.......but you could also go to the sprint store and theyll do it...
    07-28-09 11:49 AM
    What I like to use is Google sync. It syncs your phone contacts with your gmail account and the gmail contacts you choose with your phone. I have put it on several blackberrys and I think its the best way to back all my contacts with my computer for free.
    07-29-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD