Hi, I don't own a blackberry so it's hard for me to figure this all out. But, the issue is first I need to figure out what model it is. Here's the details from the "about screen"

Blackberry 8830 smartphone CPRS, CDMA
    v 4.2.2.196 (Platform 3.0.0.84)
    Cyprtographic Kernel v3.8.4.47

The issue he is having is that e-mails are being deleted that are only 2 days old. So I changed the setting to keep e-mails forever. But I also realized it's 99% probably just that his 64mb of internal memory is full. So I am getting him more memory. The issue is there doesn't seem to be an agreed upon consensus about how big a card it will handle and I can't afford to get something that doesn't work.

So based on the above specs, could anyone definitively tell me what card and size I should get?

I'm thinking about a 4gb or 8gb Micro SD card. (But do i need micro SDHD? etc..) I can't link as I'm a new member so..

Thanks, and please if anyone knows the answer to this could you e-mail me in addition to posting? [email protected]

I sincerely appreciate anyones help. Thanks
    04-14-10 09:42 AM
    Getting a memory card will help, but only indirectly. You can't use it to simply expand memory, but you can move pictures, videos, ringtones, and music out of device memory and onto the card to free up device memory for applications. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig will help you free up device memory in addition to what you save by moving media to a card. I answered your card size questions in your other post, so I won't repeat that again here.
    04-15-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD