Ok, this is my 3rd 8830, and it is the only one with this problem. I have a crap load of dust and lint particles under my screen. What is the best way to get it all out with out taking the phone apart. By the Way, I did get this phone from Asurion, and it was brand new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 05:44 PM
    How did you get dust inside your BB?

Do you have a case?

Try going to a Verizon service/repair center to get it cleaned
    01-19-08 05:47 PM
    I have a slin, and was just throwing it into my pocket, exactly like I did with my last two. And I really can't take it to Verizon because my parents (I am only 15) will think it is not a big deal, and why deal with the troubles of going.

01-19-08 05:52 PM
    Only 15 and on your THIRD 8830???
    01-19-08 06:49 PM
    Ya I know. But I have only had to pay for one. One with warranty, and one from insurance.

01-19-08 06:58 PM
    15 and a berry? You are lucky! Good luck with the dust issue. Sorry to hear it.

01-19-08 07:45 PM
    Ya, I know. I actually have had one since my 14th birthday. A hand me down from my Dad. And I got my 8830 for my 8th grade graduation. I have some pretty nice parents.

01-19-08 07:50 PM
    You know this is kind of a weird title. Anybody have any ideas???

01-19-08 07:54 PM
    Taking it apart to clean it is the only way to remove the dust.

What was the issue on the first two devices?
    01-19-08 08:57 PM
    First one- Trackball Busted
    Second One- Same thing

01-19-08 09:01 PM
    My recommendation is for AFTER you get this resolved - stop "just throwing it into my pocket"
    at least without a case
    01-19-08 09:03 PM
    There's your clue!
    01-19-08 09:37 PM
    I was just thinking the same thing!
    01-19-08 09:58 PM
    Ya, don't worry.

01-19-08 10:11 PM
    You know this is kind of a weird title. Anybody have any ideas???

Okay, so we're getting past the shock that this is your 3rd 8830, and now we know why. ... but you still have a screen with lots of dust. It really does sound like it's cleaning out the insides of your pockets for you!

If you take it apart yourself, you risk ruining it and (someone correct me if I'm wrong), voiding the warranty. I know you think that your parents will tell you that it's "no big deal," (they might) but I suggest that you show it to your dad, who is obviously familliar with BB's, and ask him what he thinks. Tell him that it's driving you crazy to view it that way. Also tell him that you realize now that the problem is from putting it in your pocket. ASSURE HIM that it won't happen again, because you realize that using the case is important- and that you WILL use the case from now on... but let him know how much it would mean to you to have it back to the way it's supposed to be.

Maybe he'll be the one to suggest taking it 'to the shop' to have it cleaned.
    You never know for sure what parents will say unless you ask!

Let us know how it all turns out. Good luck!
    01-19-08 10:48 PM
    Ok, that will be on my list. But do any of you know a way to use canned air?

01-20-08 08:19 AM
    Ok, that will be on my list. But do any of you know a way to use canned air?

You would STILL have to take the BB apart to find an opening that would allow the thin plastic canned air tube to get near enough to the screen, to blow out the dust!
    01-20-08 02:08 PM
    I have a slin, and was just throwing it into my pocket, exactly like I did with my last two. And I really can't take it to Verizon because my parents (I am only 15) will think it is not a big deal, and why deal with the troubles of going.

I had the same problem at first then decided to purchase a protective skin cover. Also, always clean your pocket first of all possible lint or contamination and you will be fine.
    01-20-08 02:32 PM
    Nice parents indeed.

01-20-08 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD