I have a BlackBerry World 8830. Recently, my phone has been acting weird. I was able to make calls and receive calls but now when I try to call someone I can't even hear a ring or them speak. I had someone try calling me, my phone lights up and rings but when I answer the phone it is completely silent, I cannot hear anything, but they can hear me completely fine. Also, while in a phonecall, I cannot activate speakerphone.
    How do I fix this?!
    Thanks so much in advance!
    06-12-09 03:31 PM
    Have done the usual battery-pull while the BB is turned on?

Also, did you happen to be using a corded headset in the 2.5mm jack when this problem occured?

This is a long-shot, but my next suggestion comes from a situation that I've had with my 8703e. Sometimes (very infrequently) when I use a cored headset in the 2.5mm jack and I remove it, the phone acts like the headset has not been disconnected from the BB even though it has been physically removed. Therefore, I cannot hear sounds from the handset and cannot activate the speakerphone or bluetooth connection. When I re-insert the headset plug in the 2.5mm jack and remove it, the BB finally recognizes that it should be operating in handset mode and everything is fine.
    06-12-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD