I have my data set to "Off When Roaming" as I live in Windsor, ON, Canada and sometimes pick up cell towers from Detroit (when close to the river), so i don't want to get hit for data roaming when I'm technically within a Telus area.

The problem I have (and I have this when I actually go to the U.S. also), is that when I return to the Telus network, my BES does not properly reactivate and I get no e-mail (it's a company phone, so this is important). I have to pull the battery for the BES to reset and once the phone turns back on and boots up, I get all my messages at once.

Has anyone else had this problem with the 8830? If so, how can I fix it? I just got the unit at the end of July, so I would think the firmware would be fairly up-to-date.
    09-18-08 09:08 AM
    Nobody's seen this?

I always knew I was one of a kind (at least, my mommy told me so!)
    10-02-08 02:10 PM
    This is more then likely an OS issue. I would make sure you're on the latest OS and also do whatever you need to do to update the PRL on your phone. Different carriers have different setups, but the majority in the states that are CDMA are *228 and opt 1 or 2 depending on if you want to update all the programming on the radio or just the PRL.

Also, are you picking up CDMA towers or GSM ones? If it's GSM, then pull the SIM if you don't need to use it or better yet, just turn your radio to XEV (CDMA) only.
    10-02-08 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD