Hi all, Is there a way to do a hard reset on the blackberry. I have had the phone for about 1 and a half months and I have read, looked and researched. Now I am ready to personalize it. I don't know when the OS upgrade will come out for our phones but waiting for it is keeping me from geting some programs I want to purchase.So I am thinking about doing the hard reset, the mop procedure and set it up to suit me a little more.

Oh yea, I have tested the program Arieze and from the testing I have done it is fantastic.

Thanks
    11-17-08 06:32 PM
    Taking the battery out for at least 30 seconds is considered a hard reset.
    11-17-08 06:51 PM
    I don't understand. What exactly are you trying to accomplish. Start with that. The term "Hard Reset" can stand for a lot of different procedures.

Do you want to wipe all the info off of it and return it to the way it was when you pulled it out of the box? Do you want to just reset it so it does a cold boot? What... be specific as to what you want the final outcome to be and we will give you the correct answer.
    skylorEC likes this.
    11-17-08 08:31 PM
    Sorry for not being specific, I want to wipe all the info off of it and return it to the way it was when you pulled it out of the box. I was able to do this with smartphones I had in the past but I can't figure out how to do it on the Blackberry.
    11-18-08 09:03 AM
    Options/Security/General, Menu/Wipe, then follow on screen instructions.
    11-18-08 09:11 AM
    Here is a how to on the subject.

How to: Return your BlackBerry to out of box state! - CrackBerryADDICTED BlackBerry Forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 09:15 AM
    Thanks for the help!
    11-18-08 09:35 AM
    i had my phone unlocked, if i do a hard reset would it still b unlocked?
    01-14-09 07:55 PM
    Hate to bump such an old thread but if I do a hard reset while running .99, will it load up with that or default back to .75? My buttons are broken and I need to have a replacement shipped but I can't do so until I've downgraded to an official os. Which I can't do on my computer because I lost my usb!

05-18-09 06:41 PM
    i had my phone unlocked, if i do a hard reset would it still b unlocked?
    Yes, it would stay unlocked.

Hate to bump such an old thread but if I do a hard reset while running .99, will it load up with that or default back to .75? My buttons are broken and I need to have a replacement shipped but I can't do so until I've downgraded to an official os. Which I can't do on my computer because I lost my usb!

It will stay on .99 when you wipe the phone.
    05-18-09 06:44 PM
    Ok, then I suppose my next question would be, is there any way to downgrade without my usb? Shot in the dark, I'm sure...

05-18-09 06:47 PM
    Ok, then I suppose my next question would be, is there any way to downgrade without my usb? Shot in the dark, I'm sure...

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure without the USB, you're stuck. Sorry.
    05-18-09 06:48 PM
    Thank you, I kinda figured. Oh well! And I just realised I'm in the wrong device forum! Oops!

05-18-09 06:55 PM
    hey all i have a pearl 8220 pearl flip and i was with tmobile i want to use this phone with at&t is there any way i can make that possible...so that i can put my AT&T sim card in and be able to use it
    12-02-09 03:51 AM
    Hello,

I have read thru this thread trying to find an answer to my problem.

Purchased a BB Storm for Verizon (Locked). Purchased the unlock code and was going thru the unlock procedure when I hit a snag. (I have TMobile Service).

After entering MEPD, the personalized menu appears. However, when I enter MEP2, the MEP menu does NOT appear.

After several hours of tinkering, I contacted the merchant who sold me the unlock code for help. His response was as follows:

If you see "blockced" that means someone has tried to unlock this phone with wrong code for 10 times. Each blackberry only has 10 chances to enter the unlock code. At this point your phone is hard locked so there is no MEP screen pop up after typing MEP2. You will need to find a repair shop to reset the counter.

I attempted the hard reset procedure by going to Security options....wipe handheld, but no luck there. Will I really have to take this phone to a repair shop for them to reset the counter, or is there a procedure out there that I can follow to do this myself?

Thanks in advance.
    12-02-09 01:49 PM
    Thank You . This WORKED !!!
    01-18-10 07:28 PM
    ok i just bought an unlock code yesterday and finally got my verizon blackberry storm 9530 unlocked so i can use it for my tmobile plan.
    the only thing is i found out the person who had it before somehow wiped out mms messaging on it.
    i talked to tmobile and they said it could most liekly get fixed if i use the master reset, but i want to know if i do that will the code i just bought yesterday be erased? does that mean it is locked again?
    and if so can i re-use the code to unlock it again or does that mean i need to purchase ANOTHER code =(

please help
    04-02-10 01:23 PM
    How do I reset my bb8130 to it's original settings? I've been having nothing but problems with it. Here are a few of my problems. I can be right next to it and all of a sudden I have a voicemail when it didn't even ring. I've checked to make sure it's set to ring. Also if I send a message I can check two minutes later to see if I have an answer and it's already been deletec. HELP!!!!!!!
    07-02-10 01:07 PM
    hi i want to factory reset my black berry but the left side of the screen is broken. so i can see what i doing. can anyone take screen shots step by step?
    03-19-11 01:52 PM
    Hi everybody!

I need help on my problem. When I turn on the phone all I get is
    Relad software 513
    Nothing else 

Any suggestion please help

Abdul
    11-16-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD