Having a problem with my gmail account on the 8830. Even though I have marked all messages as read and re-sent the service books, it is still saying I have two unread messages..

What gives?

Is there another email service that works better with the 8830 than gmail?
    01-13-08 03:14 PM
    Go to the date line, press menu, then select mar prior as read...

Do the same with sent items, for the sake of it. I take it you've tried a battery pull (take the battery out while the device is on) as well, right?
    01-13-08 03:21 PM
    already tried battery pull. i have it set so it hides sent items on the phone.

also marked all prior as read.

nothing is working. are there are other email programs out there that have a better reputation for working with the blackberry short of the enteprise edition I use for work?
    01-13-08 05:00 PM
    I'm not sure if this is going to help you, but did you download the actual Gmail app? It looks almost like the desktop version. I believe that data charges would apply to using it, but i find that it's the best way to use Gmail from the BB.
    01-14-08 11:26 PM
    Hello all,

This is my first post to the fourms here. I had somewhat the same problem with a message indicator on my BB 8830 WE desktop on my companys BES server. I just opened the message icon and performed a search using a blank name, any address field, blank subject and message. I selected all services, all folders, sent and recieved and all for the type. It turned out to be a old viocemail message for me but this might be helpful to others suffering from the same fate.

Have fun!
    01-15-08 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD