Does anyone know how I could get out of my contract for this phone? I have an older phone that would work so much better than this one. I am just sick with what I have to go through with this BB.
    01-07-08 09:53 AM
    Well you do have 30 days to try the phone out, if you don't like it in that 30days you can return the equipment and go back to your old contract. If your past the 30 days then there isn't a way to get out of it, other then the 175(i think thats the price) early disconect fee. My question is whats wrong with the BB???

Click
    01-07-08 09:58 AM
    I've had it for quite a while now. I am just tired of volume control and not hearing it when it rings. I am also sick of popping the battery out to fix issues all of the time.
    01-07-08 10:20 AM
    Call up customer service and ask for a supervisor. Then calmly (at first) state to them that you are completely tired of the issues with this phone and want out. Complain about everything that's wrong with it, keep emphasising the ringtone volumen and most importantly the disabled GPS (just to help others). Tell him/her that you just want out and that you're completely unintersted in anything else. You gave them and this phone a try and it just didn't work out. You kept it longer then your 30 days because you hoped that since it was such a new phone for them that the problems would be resolved. Unfortunatly for them there have been 2 OS upgrades for the Verizon 8830 and neither one of them have fixed the issues, so you're tired of waiting in hopes that these issues will be resolved. You just want out. It's worked for others. If they are not understanding ask for their supervisor and keep escalating this. They will let you out, you just have to keep pressing.
    01-07-08 10:27 AM
    ]If they are not understanding ask for their supervisor and keep escalating this. They will let you out, you just have to keep pressing.
    As someone who works for a wireless carrier that will not work, especially with VZW! My next question BerryBlack is have you had them do a warranty swap? I know there was a member on here that had this same issue and they had gone through multiple 8830s and supervisors and VZW finally gave him a Pearl(which he is extremely happy with) Here his is post GoodBye

Click

EDIT*****
    Here is his post when he got the issue resolved!!! Back again....
    01-07-08 10:37 AM
    Yes, I've had them swap out this phone twice!
    01-10-08 02:35 PM
    Then do what yester did, I don't know what to tell ya,

Click
    01-10-08 03:05 PM
    Well, we all for some reason, have a problem with this phone! I love it, but I am on my 3rd one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-08 03:12 PM
    Then do what yester did, I don't know what to tell ya,

Click
    Now they want to send me another one. I told them no, and that my job depends on this stupid phone. How can I conduct business with my clients if I can't hear the dang thing ring? So now, they are going to discuss it and give me a call back in 30 mins. When the call back, I'm just going to tell them that I am going to file a consumer complaint with my Attorney General's office. I am just sick with the ongoing issues with this phone and I can't let it affect my work.
    01-10-08 03:19 PM
    Hey if thats what you have to do to get your issue stright then you gotta do what you gotta do. I think thats sad that they wont help ya. Keep us up on whats going on!

Click
    01-10-08 03:23 PM
    Hey if thats what you have to do to get your issue stright then you gotta do what you gotta do. I think thats sad that they wont help ya. Keep us up on whats going on!

Click
    Well, I got out of it! No costs to me! The third call did the trick, they didnt even question me and offered to overnight me a new phone of my choice. Thank God!
    01-12-08 06:04 PM
    So did you take the new phone or did you leave VZW?

Click
    01-12-08 06:09 PM
    So did you take the new phone or did you leave VZW?

Click
    I took a new phone. VZW has the best coverage in my area. No dropped calls. VZW has great service, but their phones are terrible.
    01-12-08 06:11 PM
    what did you get???

Click
    01-12-08 06:13 PM
    what did you get???

Click
    I got a LG Voyager.
    I was going to get the LG Venus, but I don't like the sliding phones.
    01-12-08 06:14 PM
    WHAT???? Why not get a Pearl? Wow, guess your not a "addict" I hope you did some reading on that phone. I heard that there were some problems with that phone. Hey I'm happy that they helped you tho!

click
    01-12-08 06:18 PM
    what are they making you do with the BB???

Click
    01-12-08 06:21 PM
    what are they making you do with the BB???

Click
    They didn't say.
    01-12-08 06:25 PM
    I've had it for quite a while now. I am just tired of volume control and not hearing it when it rings. I am also sick of popping the battery out to fix issues all of the time.
    Haha... that's my favorite part of the BlackBerry!

I didn't know how much of a hassle LG was. I only deal with Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint (Sprint is easily the worst of the providers in my opinion) and none of them give me issues when I have lines de-activated. I guess it's a lot different for a personal device than it is with a business one.
    Glad it's over for you though.
    01-12-08 06:39 PM
    I got a LG Voyager.
    I was going to get the LG Venus, but I don't like the sliding phones.
    I used to use the Moto Q before this BB and I had to pull out the battery quite often with that phone as well.

I'm surprised you got a voyager for work though. It doesn't handle text/emails as well as the Q or the BB.

Voyager is just a hardcore multimedia phone. More like a competitor to iphone.
    01-12-08 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD