I recently set up a home FTP server thinking this would be a super easy way to access to my home files on my blackberry. Anyway I am having trouble consistently downloading anything from the blackberry. Most files get to around 60% completion and then the connection drops out. My data signal in the area is good so I am not sure that is the problem, but it could be. And I am sure the FTP server is configured correctly, any computer outside my home network can access and download without issue.

I am wondering if anyone else uses their blackberry for FTP. Do you experience issues? I am on Sprint.

Thanks
    06-20-08 10:17 AM
    What size files are you trying to d/l?

~Rich
    06-20-08 11:12 AM
    2-3mb. The largest file i have successfully d/l is 2mb
    06-20-08 11:30 AM
    what are you using for ftp software?

the browser?
    06-27-08 10:17 AM
    There are several good FTP programs available. A nice free one by Rove called Mobile File Manager, however the program tends to lock up sometimes. Another, more stable, program is beFTP by Beiks. beFTP is not free, but it has a fully functional demo except you cant save FTP sites (they delete upon exit).

That being said I experience the same problems when trying to download large files via ftp. The network seems to not like anything over 3mb for me, the download will progress then suddenly drop out somewhere around 3mb. Not sure if this is a preset limit on the network for a single file transfer, or if it has something to do with the coverage in my area. Try it yourself, maybe you will have better results. Would love to hear if you do.
    06-27-08 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD