I am sitting in the Amsterdam airport as I type this. This is my first trip out of North America with my Verizon 8830. I am getting "Sim Card Rejected" on the screen. I have the full worldwide plan on my account and the unit recognizes the SIM and the unit is set to Global mode with automatic detection.

Any ideas?
    12-01-07 06:33 AM
    call verizon customer service. i was in europe last month and it worked fine. ive acutally had it abroad a few times already and it was fine

c
    12-01-07 11:49 AM
    I just returned from Amsterdam and Belgium yesterday... worked fine.

I think you may have missed a step. You have the SIM card, and you activated the international plan.

However, you also have to activate you SIM card by calling Verizon and giving them that number and telling them what area of the world you will be in.

Sounds like maybe you did not activate you SIM card.
    12-01-07 01:16 PM
    Sounds like maybe you did not activate you SIM card.
    That was it. Since this is a company phone I thought that all of the features had been activated. I called Verizon's global support number and gave them the SIM card number. Now it's working like it was supposed to.

Thanks!
    12-01-07 11:10 PM
    I have the same problem except I DID call VZW to activate my phone before I left... what a pain in the ****!
    05-20-11 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD