Greetings,
    I purchased a Blackberry 8830 from Sprint a little over a week ago. It is currently running version 4.2.2.123 which according to Sprint is the latest they provide. I have already exchanged this device once. This is my second one that is having the same behavior.

About once a day the network "locks up" and no Internet data is allowed to be passed. (I have not tested if the phone portion works.) If I do a soft power off or turn the Mobile off then back on via Wireless settings only the voice service comes back. In order to get data to come back I need to turn the device off and remove the battery. Once I put the battery back in everything works normally.

This occurs no matter what wireless signal strength I have. The only thing I can think of is that one of my 3rd party applications is causing this. Since on the weekends when the Blackberry pretty much does nothing but email I do not have this problem. If I am not using an application I quit out of it though. The applications I use the most frequently is IM+ v5.0.9, gmail (latest version), Google Maps (latest version), and jmirc (latest version).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Constantly having to do a constant battery pull is tiring.
    Last edited by needo; 10-29-07 at 11:30 AM.
    10-29-07 11:25 AM
    I'm having the same issue but I have to do a battery pull even more often, 3 or more times a day. I have Verizon though and I'm hoping it's not just attributable to their subpar network down here in New Orleans.

Anyone have a way to fix this?
    11-06-07 03:35 PM
    Glad to hear that im not the only one having this problem. i thought it was my internet browser Mini Opera causing this problem. i have verizion as a carrier and this quirk of the device is getting old. does anyone have any idea or could offer some help.
    11-06-07 05:45 PM
    I have a Verizon, and this has never affected my network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-07 05:52 PM
    I bought an Alltel 8830 yesterday and am having this same problem. I've had to pull the battery twice today because of data lock ups.
    11-10-07 05:42 PM
    I have the same problem. Mini Opera would lock up after a few uses. BB internet browser will slow to crawl if I don't clean the Cache once a day.
    11-11-07 08:09 PM
    I have Verizon and have pulled the battery maybe 3 times in 2 months. Mainly I was calling out and got a call in and tried to answer and lock up. Otherwise it has been pretty good. Damn thing gets better reception than my laptop.
    11-11-07 08:33 PM
    hi guys
    did anyone find a solution to this? i have a 9810 torch with the same issue
    soft reset fixes it but next day it happens again
    09-18-12 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD