So here's my predicament. When I insert a media card into my 8830, it starts to index the mp3 files that are on the card, and they start to show up in the media player. So far, so good. If I click on one of them, it will even start to play the song.

But as the indexing continues, songs all of the sudden start to show up in the index with a number in front of them (such as "01-02 Song name"). As soon as this happens, any song playing stops, and I can't play any other songs (including those without the numbers in front of them). And if I go to the media card portion of options, it says the card is unreadable (even though I can still see the names of the songs in the media player).

If I go ahead and turn the media card support off, then on again, it restarts the indexing and the process above starts all over again.

I've had this problem with two media cards -- a 2 GB and a 4 GB. Help!
    07-27-07 07:39 AM
    I'm shooting in the dark here, but it's worth a try. I've noticed that if I don't let the index finish before you start using the media player that it doesn't finish index properly. This has happened to me time after time. I move some songs to the media card, go into media player, wait until it builds some of the songs, start playing... Everything is fine except that it never completes indexing the remaining stuff. I've never experienced the exact problem you are describing though.

So, try this. Wait a good long time before trying to access anything (like 30 minutes.) Also make sure that you are running the latest device software release. I believe that will be 4.2.2.123.
    07-27-07 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD