I recently purchased an 8830 from Sprint, and I LOVE it. However, after having the phone for about 2 weeks, I started having trouble with the charger (the phone completely shut down when being charged, and I had to reboot). I took it back to Sprint, and they gave me a brand new phone, no questions asked. My problem is, when I went to set up my email accounts in the new phone, I tried logging in with my previous username and password, but it is telling me that the account has been "suspended." Has this happened to anyone before? Do I need to create a new username?
    01-06-08 06:39 PM
    Had My BB 2 Weeks Also, Have'nt Had The Problem
    01-06-08 06:51 PM
    That is a known problem when you switch devices.

You have to call Sprint Blackberry Tech Support to un-suspend your account. It seems they always miss that step with trading devices. I have had 5 BB with them.
    01-06-08 06:55 PM
    I just got the Blackberry 8830 World Edition and switching from my treo 650. I called and confirmed the ESN to be clean before purchasing from the guy and oddly enough the internet still works on the phone even though the phone doesn't make calls. Anyway, I was trying to get the e-mail working and it won't do it because it says there is already an e-mail assigned to the PIN. Any way around that? If I could just use the phone for e-mail, that's all I need it for and I'd rather use my Treo's phone book.
    01-07-08 04:48 AM
    I recently purchased an 8830 from Sprint, and I LOVE it. However, after having the phone for about 2 weeks, I started having trouble with the charger (the phone completely shut down when being charged, and I had to reboot). I took it back to Sprint, and they gave me a brand new phone, no questions asked. My problem is, when I went to set up my email accounts in the new phone, I tried logging in with my previous username and password, but it is telling me that the account has been "suspended." Has this happened to anyone before? Do I need to create a new username?
    Your BIS account has been suspended due to the fact "technically" you ESN no longer exists, this is a precautionary measure put in place by RIM to prevent any of your personal emails from being delivered to the phone, since you no longer own it, just call Sprint, they can unsuspend the account for you.
    01-07-08 05:41 AM
    Thanks everyone! Does anyone have a direct number for sprint blackberry tech support, or do I just call the sprint customer service number? I hate calling sprint and waiting on hold...
    01-07-08 07:20 AM
    I called sprint, and basically it sounded like they had no idea what I was talking about, and told me to restart my device.

Is there a specific number im supposed to call?
    And what extension option, if any.
    11-11-09 07:27 PM
    I have good luck at 877-654-9111 with Sprint tech support.
    11-13-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD