I just updated the software via the Verizon website and had no issues. However, I told someone else in my office to download it and now his e-mail is only syncing every ten minutes on the dot. Does anyone know how to switch this back to automatic sync. Please help!
    08-07-07 03:19 PM
    Blackberry email really only reconciles (syncs) every 10-15 minutes. The exception is if it is BES, GMail, or Yahoo. They are instant. Regular pop3/imap accounts still have to reconcile.

Somewhere I read that you can decrease the time between syncs by receiving more messages on that particular email account. Not sure if that is true or not, but it seems to be. My aol email account now syncs about every 3 minutes it seems where it used to be 15 minutes. So maybe the software update reset this "message counter" that lowers the sync time. That is my only guess.
    08-07-07 03:27 PM
    Question for those that may know about this then -- does the "Reconcile Now" option grab the waiting mail, or just sync the sent and received mail between the POP3 server and the BB, or am I just confused completely?
    08-07-07 06:26 PM
    Question for those that may know about this then -- does the "Reconcile Now" option grab the waiting mail, or just sync the sent and received mail between the POP3 server and the BB, or am I just confused completely?
    Reconcile now should get waiting mail as well I believe.
    08-07-07 06:48 PM
    Reconcile now basically 'matches' the device to the email server...
    08-07-07 08:00 PM
    What if you have multiple POP accounts (in my case verizon) and BES wireless set up? I notice in the e-mail options under "reconcile" that one of my POP e-mail accounts was listed, but I can choose any of the others. Will all accounts reconcile or just the selected one? If I want to reconcile one particular account, do I select it and then got to "Reconcile now?"
    08-09-07 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD