I have a separate tone set up for each email account, sms messages, facebook, etc. About 3 weeks ago, my Exchange (connected through BlackBerry Enterprise Server) email account stopped generating a tone or vibration for new messages. My gmail, facebook, BlackBerry Messenger, & SMS tones/vibrations still work properly.

I have tried different profiles and changing tone/vibration information. It worked without an issue since Nov 2007 up until a month ago and it's starting to drive me nuts.

I looked at the Event Log, but I couldn't find anything helpful (although I really don't know what to look for). Is there anywhere else I can look to debug this problem??
    10-14-08 02:59 PM
    Have you moved the media files form their original location? Does the problem get fixed when you do a battery pull (how often do you do a battery pull)? What happens if you simply reset the tones for each of the affected profiles?
    10-14-08 06:48 PM
    Media locations are correct and I have tried using different tones and different profiles to no avail (changing profiles, saving changes, changing tones, saving changes, etc). I've tried using the tone I use for my Gmail account (which works properly) to no avail.

Battery pull changes nothing. I would say I pull my battery about two or three times a month (usually some app is acting up).

Is there a way to hard reset the tones that I am unaware of?? I just change the tone and then save the changes.

What's odd is that it doesn't even vibrate when I receive a message either and it is set to vibrate+tone. I have also tried vibrate only and tone only without success.
    10-15-08 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD