Hope someone can help. My email icon shows 2 new emails on the home screen, but there are no new emails in the email folder. Does anyone know how to get rid of the email envelope on the home screen and why is it showing when I have no messages? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    06-27-08 07:12 AM
    First, make sure it's not an SMS notification or something else. Go to your Messages screen, hit Menu, select View Folder. Check those folders for messages. If you don't see any messages, then try a battery pull - with the device on, remove the battery, leave out for 30 seconds, then re-install. After rebooting, the icon should be gone.
    06-27-08 07:16 AM
    Chaz, that worked. Thank you. It was two missed calls that showed up when I viewed the folder. Thanks again.
    06-27-08 07:29 AM
    Since they were missed calls, you might want to go into Phone, Menu/Options and set your Call Logging to None. It'll keep those anoying messages from being listed when you miss a call, but you'll still be notified that you missed a call, just not along with a message.
    06-27-08 09:08 AM
    I am having a trouble with the "missed calls icon" it shows that I have missed 4 messages, and the red star on the missed phone call icon is lit up, but I've checked my SMS, MMS, my emails, & my phone calls but I cannot find any missed messages or calls. I've taken the battery out & checked the call logging to none & that didn't work, any other suggestions (i don't want to wipe my phone unless necessary)
    Last edited by gatk; 06-27-08 at 03:03 PM. Reason: add on
    06-27-08 03:00 PM
    Check under Saved Messages.
    06-27-08 05:02 PM
    Yeah I had the same problem as Sspender. The battery pull sorted the problem
    06-27-08 05:12 PM
    i did it, i wiped my bb, but i did have to change back some of the defaults that were there when i wiped it, it worked, no more "4x missed calls" icon anymore on my phone, TY 2 everyone! but now sad to say i am having a little trouble sending & receiving videos. any suggestions?
    10-20-08 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD