The autotext that gets attached to my outgoing emails "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" is great....I like showing off that I'm on my blackberry

However, it's always on the very next line after the last line of text in my email. Is there a way to change the setting so that it skips 2 lines and then pastes the autotext? I feel like most emails I receive from other Blackberries have that line separated from the rest of the email and I'd like mine to be separated also.

Thanks for the help.
    04-05-08 07:01 PM
    I've never seen it NOT skip a couple lines. I just went to my BIS site, no option I could find to change it.
    04-05-08 07:11 PM
    when you log in you go to options and you can edit the signature
    04-05-08 07:20 PM
    when you log in you go to options and you can edit the signature
    yes you can, but there's no option for changing the location of the signature in the email.
    04-05-08 07:25 PM
    yea, thats where the signature is for everything, even this website haha
    04-05-08 07:31 PM
    I figured out how to edit the signature, but it doesn't let me click return so that it skips those few lines....and you're right, i've never seen it do this on anyone else's blackberry either. do you have an email address i can write to you at so that you can see it for yourself? i'd really like to fix it.
    thanks.
    04-05-08 07:36 PM
    Right below this sentence - go ahead
    04-05-08 07:37 PM
    Here is the post for how to make changes to your signature lines via BIS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-remove-sent-my-blackberry-4980/

The trick to entering blank lines above the signature line you want is to enter a <space> character then the <enter> character. If you don't put a space character before the enter key it will remove the extra blank lines you put it if you just pressed the <enter> key by itself for the blank line.

Hope this makes sense, if not let me know.
    04-05-08 08:09 PM
    I can't use the BIS. I'm completely unable to login to it via my blackberry and via my laptop.
    04-05-08 08:23 PM
    I assume you are using the email setup application to modify your email accounts on BIS via the BB. You logon automaticlly (typically) from your BB. There is a menu option in the application to create a username / password where you can manage everything from the web and the BB. But once you create the username / password you must enter it on the BB to edit email information. You can not edit the signature line via the BB you have to do it via the web. I am an Alltel customer but my understanding is the approach is the same.
    04-05-08 08:32 PM
    exactly right, i am using the email setup application to work with my email accounts. however, there is no menu option that i can find to create a username/password.
    04-06-08 01:35 AM
    But when you use email setup on the BB you are given access so you can add new email accounts or modify existing email accounts that are setup for the BB?
    04-06-08 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD