I am on my 5th BBerry which is now an 8830. I am having a problem when i want to check my spam messages on my earthlink web mail page. when i sign in and try to click on the sign in icon it will not open. I do not have this problem on any of the other "click on" icons on Elink or any other web sites. In fact directly under the sign in icon is an icon for password help and i can click and open that. Does any one have a fix? is it a setting change in the browser config? emulation mode?
    thanks
    06-18-07 09:17 AM
    Why not just add your email account to BIS?
    06-18-07 09:19 AM
    all ready done, however must access web mail to view possible spam messagews.
    06-18-07 10:17 AM
    I have also attempted to use my Blackberry (7290 and now the 8830) to log onto my earthlink webmail to check that mail. It has never worked. I believe that since the browser in the BB is not IE it just simply is not going to work. I have several websites I visit on the BB that do not work the same way as with a PC using IE.

I guess the lesson here is if you want the best browsing experience you need a Windows based smart phone. Then you would not be able to use a blackberry!!
    06-18-07 12:38 PM
    When you log into EarthLink from a PC, after entering your credentials, does it for Internet Explorer open another window? I wonder if it's a popup blocker causing this, thus it can't be accessed from the BlackBerry.

Try it with Opera Mini...
    06-18-07 02:21 PM
    I just loaded Opera mini and I also do not have any luck with the webmail site. When you enter your user name and password the screen changes to the inbox. It is not a pop up window.

I do not have my mindspring address BIS'ed to my BB 8830 because it gets a lot of spam. My phone would be going off all the time.
    06-18-07 04:45 PM
    this is really strange as I had no problem signing in from my 7130E.
    Any body else have any suggestions?
    06-18-07 07:56 PM
    I don't remember have this trouble on my 8700. Although I rarely used Webmail however, understand the need to ckeck the SPAM messages.
    I just tried it on my Curve and had no luck. It won't actually acknowledge my "sign in" click.
    06-19-07 03:30 PM
    I had a similar problem with Earthlink when I recently became "cracked" after finally buying a new 8300. But the answer appears pretty staightforward. Having several earthlinlk accounts in the family and not wanting to have my Curve become a family affair, I thought accessing via web mail would do the trick.

Oops. I was wrong.

Earthlink webmail is not configured to support mobile browsing. Being a newbie, I'm not allowed to post an URL yet but here's the trail:

blogs
    earthlinknet
    webmail
    does web mail support mobile devices

Here's what they say

"Users often ask if they can access the EarthLink Web Mail site (webmail.earthlink.net) using the browser on their mobile phone or other hand-held device.

Generally the answer is no, as the browsers on most mobile devices are not supported by Web Mail. It may work for you in some cases but we don't really support it, and the display format of Web Mail is not set up for small screens."

So, now each time we travel, I will add earthlink POP accounts to my Curve.
    10-16-07 02:34 PM
    I found a path I think gives consistant access to the Earthlink WebMail "Suspected Spam" folder.

1. Logon to earthlink's "MyAccount"
    2. Sign in at mid page
    3. Click on the WebMail link at the top of the next page and wait for the redirect to webmail's page.
    4. Scroll Down to Folders and select "Suspect"
    5. After page changes the folder contents are found near the bottom of the page.

Notes:
    1. It ain't fast.
    2. You cannot "batch" process but you can load each email then delete or move and add them individually.

Lencole

I have had to log on in the above sequence to make it work. Let me know your success or failure.
    01-19-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD