I have just gotten my first Blackberry (8830 world edition with Verizon).

I'm sure these questions are hopelessly stupid but I have searched the forums and can't find an answer.

E-mail problem: I have a work e-mail address and a personal one set up on the device. I haven't left for my trip yet, so I see that some messages appear on my computer but not on my Blackberry, while some messages appear on my Blackberry and never show up on my computer. Shouldn't they all be showing up in both places? My worry is that once I am travelling I will be missing work messages without knowing it.

I have called Blackberry about this problem, and they just re-set the device. The problem seems improved, but not solved.

Also, here's a really dumb question: I can't find the "sent messages" box. Where is it?

Thank you so much for bailing out a frustrated newbie.

C
    08-05-08 10:16 AM
    My take on it that (and I could be somewhat wrong):

First, I'll mention that many email accounts don't work very quickly with BB BIS Push mail. One website based account I have is anywhere from immediate to 30 minutes late (if it gets there at all!). Yahoo, seems to be pretty much immediate and reliable tho.

Then, if you are using a local mail client on your PC, it may be set to download all mail and delete on the server after download. If it beats the BB Push to the query, BB Push won't see the mail on the server as you've already downloaded it and deleted it from server. You can change that setting to something that works more appropriately by changing the local clients "properties" settings on that account

Other possibilities:

If your BB is synced with that server, the BB Push may get the mail before your local client did, you may be showing as read on the server and your local client may not download read mail, just the unread mail.

These are the reasons i feel mail can get weird with BB's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I'd like to know.

Maybe try turning off the local client a bit and see if things change for the BB.
    Last edited by jdwx; 08-05-08 at 10:57 AM. Reason: clarification...
    08-05-08 10:50 AM
    With the new version of BIS, if you get an email in Exchange and open it up in Outlook before it gets pushed to the BB, it won't get pushed (because it's already opened and read). Some carriers worked the same way a little while ago before 2.5, but with 2.5 that's how it's supposed to be now.

What type of email servers are at your work? They all should work like this, but Exchange is definatly supported for this feature.
    08-05-08 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD