How do you download an attachment in an email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 05:38 PM
    Run the Desktop Manager App Loader and check the box for BlackBerry Attachment Service. Once it's installed, you can open attachments in emails, as long as they are in a supported format: doc, xls, ppt, wordperfect, pdf, ascii, html, jpg, bmp, gif, png, and tiff, and the zip'd versions of these.
    05-22-09 09:53 PM
    Is there a way to do it on a Mac?
    05-23-09 01:53 AM
    Is there a way to do it on a Mac?
    If you're talking about the process JeffH described, the only way is if you used Boot Camp or another type of Windows simulator.
    05-23-09 01:59 AM
    Not trying to hijack this but when you download the document from the email, where does it save it too? How do I locate that file on my bb while using the phone? I'm newer to bb and couldn't find anything that shows where I can open folders? Also any way to protect a email from getting deleted?
    06-07-09 04:24 PM
    u can save it and then go back and get it later it may be in memo or the docstogo
    06-07-09 04:44 PM
    I cannot find the answer anywhere. And this is actually for a Tour but this is the closest thread to what I am looking for. I received an xls attachment in an e-mail. How do I SAVE it to my BB (either on board or media card) to be able to view it in the future? I think I can do it for jpegs but not for XLS.
    02-22-10 11:01 AM
    Open the email, press Menu, and select Download Attachment, then select the location where you want it stored. You won't be able to view it without installing Docs To Go. The basic version is available free. Google Documents To Go or dataviz (the developer) to find the free download.

02-22-10 01:47 PM
    Doesn't work. I can open attachment not download. I think the paid version of d2g would allow for saving.
    02-22-10 02:02 PM
    Doesn't work. I can open attachment not download. I think the paid version of d2g would allow for saving.
    Try this. DocID: 14186 - I am unable to open email attachments in Documents To Go on my BlackBerry.
    02-22-10 02:09 PM
    Very helpful. I am on BPS so I guess I have no option (except maybe upgrading d2g). Oh well. Thanks.
    02-22-10 02:15 PM
    Docs To Go doesn't have anything to do with your ability to save an attachment. You do need the paid version if you are going to create new files, but you can always open an existing file and save it as a new name.

02-22-10 02:16 PM
    Well that is what is interesting. I don't have the ability to save it after opening. I am using version 1 of D2G that came with my Tour (or maybe with the Sprint version 5 I just installed).
    02-22-10 02:18 PM
    I'm using DTG 1.006, which may not be the latest version. I haven't checked for updates in a while.

02-22-10 02:22 PM
    And are you on BPS? Because, according to the link that lak611 gave, that could be the reason why I can't download.
    02-22-10 02:23 PM
    There is an upgrade to version 2.0 available. Both the free and paid versions got upgrades.
    02-22-10 02:25 PM
    I'm sorry, I didn't open that link. I'm a BES user, not BPS, so my experience and answers may not apply in your situation.

02-22-10 02:26 PM
    I just upgraded but I still can only open (not save) attachments. Oh well.
    02-22-10 03:01 PM
    I'm sorry, I didn't open that link. I'm a BES user, not BPS, so my experience and answers may not apply in your situation.

I have BIS, not BPS, so I cannot help any further either.
    02-22-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD