So my question is when I hook up my 8830 to my computer to use as a modem does it cost me extra? I was always under the impression that this was just included with my unlimited data plan, but now I am thinking different. Anyone know?

Thanks
    11-02-08 12:07 PM
    Yes, I believe the 'tethering" using your phone as a modem costs extra above the data plan. I am sorry as I am not sure how much. I am sure other verizon members will chime in with that info.
    11-02-08 12:16 PM
    I believe it's $15/month extra to use your BB to connect your computer to the internet...
    11-02-08 06:57 PM
    $15/mo is correct assuming you have the basic $29.99/mo data plan. 5G cap sitll applies, much easier to blow through that cap using a PC then the BB!
    11-03-08 04:56 PM
    $15/mo is correct assuming you have the basic $29.99/mo data plan. 5G cap sitll applies, much easier to blow through that cap using a PC then the BB!
    This is an ongoing argument that I have had with verizon because that is what I was told when i got my blackberry. Apparently I was told wrong. It is $15 a month if you have the BES plan. It is $30 a month if you have the BIS plan. Both still have that 5G cap for "unlimited" internet though. Verizon feels that we should pay a flat $60 a month if we want to tether our phones. Oh but it gets better. If you have the crummy $24.95 BIS plan for the phone that gives you 10MB of data usage on the phone then you can get the tethering capability for $15. That one left me scratching my head.
    11-03-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD