When i updated my software, i got DTG. The icon is on my Blackberry but i can't figure how to use it. With Palm, i had it on my computer desktop. i would copy a file to the desktop and it would transfer to the Palm. On my Verizon Desktop Manager, the program shows up on the add or remove applications. How do i get a file from my computer to the Blackberry?
    06-14-09 07:23 AM
    When i updated my software, i got DTG. The icon is on my Blackberry but i can't figure how to use it. With Palm, i had it on my computer desktop. i would copy a file to the desktop and it would transfer to the Palm. On my Verizon Desktop Manager, the program shows up on the add or remove applications. How do i get a file from my computer to the Blackberry?
    The easiest way to get a file from your PC to your BlackBerry is to use Mass Storage Mode. Mass Storage Mode lets you drag and drop files to/from your computer to your BlackBerry Media Card. You enable it as follows:

Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

Desktop Manager is used to install or delete applications and to manage synchronization of the BlackBerry to Outlook or some other information manager. It's not the same function as the Desktop Program for Palm.
    06-14-09 07:45 AM
    Thanks for the fast reply. I did as you said and transfered a file and it does show up on the e drive (blackberry). When i unplug the BB, it is not there. it's not in WTG. i go to WTG, Open a file, and it is not under media card or device memory. i know that i am missing something.
    06-14-09 08:10 AM
    Mass Storage Mode on an 8830 can't work with device memory. It only works with the Media Card. You can rule out looking in device memory for your file.

I suggest you try again. Pay close attention to exactly where you put the file when you copy it to the Media card. Then after you disconnect from the PC, click Media / Explore on the 8830 and go to the folder where you put the file. It should be there.
    06-14-09 08:23 AM
    it is on the Media. i clicked explore and the media card shows the file. i clicked on the file and it says unable to display file /media card/ filename.xls. If i go to DTG, the file is not there. I know that this has to be simple and i am missing something.
    i appreciate your help.
    06-14-09 09:03 AM
    Isn't .xls an excel document? If so did you do the upgrade to get "sheets to go". If not, just register docs to go then do the free upgrade and you will get sheets to go which should open your .xls file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 09:11 AM
    it is an excel file. i downloaded a word file and it did work. i downloaded an adobe file and it didn't. it shows and adobe file on the bb but the file that i downloaded doesn't show up. When i explored the Media, it is there. it is getting better. your help is appreciated.
    06-14-09 09:29 AM
    You have to have the Premium (not free) version of Docs to Go to get the adobe viewer.
    06-14-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD