Just got a Sprint 8830 WE and loving it! I've installed Google maps and I like it much better than BB maps. Can I delete BB maps without harming anything?
    11-04-08 02:03 PM
    Absolutely - I haven't had BB Maps on a device in over a year. Get it off of there. lol
    11-04-08 02:07 PM
    Agreed. Google Maps blows its doors off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 03:30 PM
    all bb maps base are belong to gmaps
    11-04-08 03:44 PM
    One reason you might want to keep BBMaps is that its maps can rotate to show direction of travel up, as opposed to North up in Google maps. Otherwise, Google Maps are much more detailed and aesthetically pleasing.
    11-04-08 03:46 PM
    One reason you might want to keep BBMaps is that its maps can rotate to show direction of travel up, as opposed to North up in Google maps. Otherwise, Google Maps are much more detailed and aesthetically pleasing.
    You can (kind of) rotate in Gmaps with the new Street view thingy. I know it's not the same, lol
    11-04-08 04:09 PM
    Thanks for all your answers - this forum is awesome! The north thing doesn't really bother me. BB maps is off - recovered some lost memory!
    11-04-08 04:17 PM
    Another reason why I am glad to leave ppc. "Kitchen" for the few apache ppc's was nice but if you didn't have that option you are stuck having good third party software sitting next to some MS crap that isn't used but taking up space.

Than

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 02:45 AM
    BB Maps also allows you to easily email someone a link of your current location. The link displays a map on a desktop browser.

What I hate most about BB maps though is it seems to the BB and age to render new map data as you move about on the map.
    11-06-08 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD