Hello everyone,
    First off, let me say that this website is my leading source of info and happiness when it comes to really appreciating my beautiful bb. thank you all so much for crackberry!

now, to the real problem. i downloaded the program SureWipe which unlocks modules and lets the user delete unnecessary ones. well, i guess i got carried away because i must have deleted something that was very imperative to my bb. the next thing i knew, none of my programs work 100% normally and i have NO themes available to use, everything on the main screen is now in black and white, has the icons i've never seen before and just lists them 10 in a row. i've tried loading new themes but to no avail, my bb stays in this weird, permanent, bare, default mode.

my question is this - i've backed it up, so i have the information for all my contacts, programs, passwords, etc. that i originally had. if i completely wipe out the phone and re-install the OS, will this solve my problem and bring my phone back into a normal state!?? i'm desperate for a solution here, and the time it might take to re-install things is completely worth it if i can have the phone looking & operating normally again.

please help!! thank you all so much!!

-jennifer
    07-08-08 10:53 PM
    Yes, you can completely wipe your hand held and reinstall the OS to bring your phone back to normal.
    07-08-08 11:00 PM
    Well today, I was removing themes in my java folder. I removed the default zen theme, and the same thing happened to me. Try reinstalling all the default themes if you can. The black and white theme you have now is the bb's built in theme that the bb goes to when no other themes are available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 11:13 PM
    The condition you describe is typically caused by inadvertently deleting the active theme. if you can undo that delete (I'm not familiar with SureWipe), then your normal display should return. Also, if you deleted the bbdimension zen theme, restore it. It is also required for normal operation. Restoring the theme should be quicker and safer than a wipe and restore.

07-08-08 11:18 PM
    Yup. That's the ticket! Make sure that you didn't delete the BB themes. If you can replace them back into the Java folder AND the DM can see your phone, go into the Application Loader and let it reinstall the themes.
    If DM doesn't see your phone you may have to wipe and reinstall.

Good luck!

07-09-08 01:43 AM
    I got it!!!

Thank you so much!!! I had a BIG sigh of relief once I saw those familiar colorful icons!!
    07-09-08 11:55 AM
    You accidentally removed a core BB theme needed as the back-bone for your active theme... or you deleted your active theme by accident!! That is why you have the primitive black and white look...

You can restore from a back-up, assuming you made one. (always remember to back up at least once before attempting major things such as this! I sometimes backup before little app installs... just in case!)

Either way, restore from a backup... or plug your device into DesktopManager and run AppLoader. If this program you used to remove modules was on your Berry, then the files on your PC are still in tact and DM will recognize that modules will need to be loaded. This will restore it back to the original state!

And always back up!!
    07-09-08 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD