For some reason I can not get Desktop Manger to see my Blackberry using either USB or Bluetooth.

Blackberry Device Manager and Windows Device Manager see it without issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop software and still no good.
    Edit/Delete Message

I recently installed OS 4.5.0.77
    10-02-08 12:27 PM
    This has happened to me before. For some reason Windows just doesnt want to recognize the blackberry. Turn off the computer and the blackberry. Start up the computer, then plug the blackberry in and turn it on. This should help to make it recognize the device. Sometimes they just need to be cold booted together. Give that a shot.
    10-02-08 12:45 PM
    This has happened to me before. For some reason Windows just doesnt want to recognize the blackberry. Turn off the computer and the blackberry. Start up the computer, then plug the blackberry in and turn it on. This should help to make it recognize the device. Sometimes they just need to be cold booted together. Give that a shot.
    Thanks shoop but I have already tried that one.

Windows sees the Blackberry as a "Blackberry SD" in device manager without an issue but I just can't seem to get anything to work.
    10-02-08 03:05 PM
    Did you hold your BB "really" close to the screen?

When I can't see stuff I gotta get closer...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 03:08 PM
    by any chance did you install that blackberry web update featureon your pc ? if so uninstall it then try again
    10-02-08 03:59 PM
    by any chance did you install that blackberry web update featureon your pc ? if so uninstall it then try again
    Umm I'm not sure. Don't think so. How can I tell?
    10-02-08 04:14 PM
    look in add remove programs in xp or programs and features in vista
    10-02-08 04:16 PM
    look in add remove programs in xp or programs and features in vista
    nope doesn't show up.
    10-02-08 04:33 PM
    try reinstalling blackberry O.S sounds like you lost your driver
    10-02-08 04:34 PM
    I'll give that a shot next.
    10-02-08 05:03 PM
    I didn't think about this until I started a reinstall of the OS but since Desktop Manager does not see the device how in the world am I supposed to reinstall it on the 8830?
    10-02-08 09:52 PM
    He didn't mean install the OS again on your BB, he meant install it again on your PC. When an OS build for the BB gets installed on your PC, it reinstalls new versions of the USB drivers for the BB, that's why it's a bad idea to have the BB plugged in when you do the install. You install the OS exe file, then when it's done, you plug the BB back into the PC and let it load up the drivers, then start DM and load it up on the BB if you so desire. (that's the normal process when you do an OS upgrade on your BB)

My suggestion is that you plug in the BB and simply go into Device Manager and uninstall the drivers. Make sure you have DM shut down before you do this. Then unplug the BB, wait 10 secs, and plug it back in. Let Windows reload the drivers and then try DM again. Go into DM and see if it's detected under the USB settings.
    10-02-08 10:13 PM
    Ok here's what I have

I tried all options and it simply doesn't change a thing. Under Device Manager what I have showing is "Blackberry SD"

I've tried disconnecting the battery while it is plugged in and it finds a new device but it doesn't change a thing.

I even reset the damn thing a little while ago to factory settings and still no fix. This is starting to irritate the heck out of me.
    10-02-08 10:40 PM
    you say you see blackberry sd listed in device manager that means windows still has your blackberry driver loaded and connected your need to disconnect there should be an icon loaded in the clock area so you can safely remove hardware right click with your mouse on this icon and it will give you the option to disconnect or safely remove
    10-02-08 10:56 PM
    My suggestion is that you plug in the BB and simply go into Device Manager and uninstall the drivers.
    Have you tried this?
    10-02-08 11:01 PM
    you say you see blackberry sd listed in device manager that means windows still has your blackberry driver loaded and connected your need to disconnect there should be an icon loaded in the clock area so you can safely remove hardware right click with your mouse on this icon and it will give you the option to disconnect or safely remove
    Yes it still lists it while the device is connected as expected. I reconnect it and finds it again as soon as I reconnect it. I also did a safe removal then went in device manager and unistalled the driver but as soon as I reconnect the Blackberry the device reappears in Device Manager and does not perform a reinstall.

Nothing seems to be working. I'm pretty damn good with computers but this particular problem is driving me bonkers. I'd call Verizon support but with OS 4.5 installed (not that I would tell them that) not sure what kind of support I would get.
    10-02-08 11:06 PM
    ok what version of DM are you using
    10-02-08 11:10 PM
    version 4.6
    10-02-08 11:14 PM
    did you uninstall device os from add remove programs ?
    10-02-08 11:16 PM
    and did you remover the vender file
    10-02-08 11:17 PM
    Let me try that again on the unistall. Last time I just let the BB installer perform the uninstall and I had forgotten all about the vendor file.
    10-02-08 11:26 PM
    just remember to remove it again after o.s reinstall on the pc
    10-02-08 11:28 PM
    I'm gonna finish this up tomorrow and I'll let you know if or when I get if fixed.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it. I owe ya a virtual beer.
    10-02-08 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD