Greetings!

This is my first post! Just read the FAQ sticky and was hoping there would be more to it so I could avoid this post.

Anywho, how does one delete the preloaded media on the BB? I basically wanna free up some memory by dumping some of the pix.

I am a bit amazed how little memory there is and how much memory is leaked from this device. I am coming from the 6700 which, while having many other problems of it's own, had plenty of memory to play with and options to save content on the media card.

Does the BB allow for content to be saved on the media card as opposed to the device? If so, what are they?

Can the calendar and/or contacts be saved on the media card? How much memory does the BB actually have and why do I have to do a hard reset every week (read this on another site).

How can I prevent memory from leaking, like call logs, SMS text, etc... ? Can one add more internal memory to the device?

Thanks in advance!
    Peace
    Rooster
    09-23-07 01:59 PM
    anyone? Where are the BB heads?
    09-23-07 03:16 PM
    Patience! Anything that has a padlock CAN'T be deleted...
    09-23-07 05:52 PM
    Patience! Anything that has a padlock CAN'T be deleted...
    Are you serious? Patience!? How rude are you? For a moderator you'd think you could exercise a bit more restraint and avoid yelling.

As for your 'advice', I know for a fact that others have done exactly what you said cant be done.

Thanks for nothing. And if you're wondering why the hostility... well you get what you give.

ENJOY!
    09-23-07 07:33 PM
    You can save multimedia files to the card but not programs, calendar, contacts or messages.

You can't stop the memory leak but it has not been a major problem for me. the same goes for the amount of memory available on the device, it seems to be sufficient. But yes I do a hard reset every week or so to clear the memory.

One thing you can do is use the Desktop Manager Application Loader to uninstall any unwanted programs or features that you don't use. I got rid of all the foreign languages, BB Maps, BB MDS Runtime, BB Sample Video, DOD root certificates and Password Keeper.
    09-23-07 07:39 PM
    Are you serious? Patience!? How rude are you? For a moderator you'd think you could exercise a bit more restraint and avoid yelling.

As for your 'advice', I know for a fact that others have done exactly what you said cant be done.

Thanks for nothing. And if you're wondering why the hostility... well you get what you give.

ENJOY!
    Since you are new to the site, please listen.

Navilyn is probably the most helpful person on this site. Show him a little respect please. He was not trying to "yell" at you, calm down. The fact that you bumped your thread after only 77 minutes is why he said to have patience. Not everyone knows everything about BlackBerrys and you just have to wait until someone comes along who knows the answer to your question. If you need an instant response, I suggest you try paid BlackBerry Technical Support.

Also, using an exclamation point on the internet doesn't really equal yelling, just strong emphasis. THIS WOULD BE YELLING!!! See the difference?
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-23-07 at 07:53 PM.
    09-23-07 07:45 PM
    Thanks for the lecture. How you interpret writing is clearly vastly different from how I interpret it.

I am very calm now and when I responded. It's not like we are talking to each other for you to know the level of my calmness. Asking someone if they are serious is a good way of gathering information. Like most people, I show respect to those who give it to me or give me no reason not to.

I'd prefer answers than the diatribe you provided.

Sniperet, thanks for your reply. It is very helpful.

Since you are new to the site, please listen.

Navilyn is probably the most helpful person on this site. Show him a little respect please. He was not trying to "yell" at you, calm down. The fact that you bumped your thread after only 77 minutes is why he said to have patience. Not everyone knows everything about BlackBerrys and you just have to wait until someone comes along who knows the answer to your question. If you need an instant response, I suggest you try paid

Also, using an exclamation point on the internet doesn't really equal yelling, just strong emphasis. THIS WOULD BE YELLING!!! See the difference?
    09-23-07 08:49 PM
    Well, Rooster, I'm truly sorry you feel I was rude, and unhelpful. Hopefully someone else will be more forth coming...
    09-23-07 08:56 PM
    Working.... Some of us actually need a paycheck and have to work for it.

HH
    09-24-07 12:24 PM
    Here's an idea. Not all the mods are available 24/7/365. We have jobs and lives outside of the forums and believe it or not, some of us do sleep and work. I suggest you watch how to talk to the mods. Nav will help anyone here when he's available and see's the thread unless someone else has already answered it.

Now if you want attitude, you've found the right mod.
    09-24-07 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD