I having always been having difficulty with the missed call icon on my phone. Even when I delete all the missed call notifications from both the Messages screen and the Call Log screen the symbol remains. When I have deleted every thing the 1x (phone) remains. When a call comes in it reads 2x(phone).

I have tried both the soft reset (Alt + Right Shift+ del) and a Battery Pull. With no impact.

Any suggestions?

Ryan
    08-06-08 11:12 AM
    what os are you running?
    08-06-08 11:34 AM
    v4.3.3.123

I dont know how to update the OS.
    08-06-08 11:38 AM
    Yes! me too, please please someone help!
    08-13-08 07:40 PM
    Have either of you reset your device?? And check all of your messages folders as well...

If that does not work :

1) Backup with DesktopManager
    2) Backup 3rd party apps
    3) Wipe device
    4) Restore 3rd party apps and restore from backup
    08-13-08 07:48 PM
    Also try going into your missed call log, click on the missed call then hit end, then make sure under messages folder you do the same or delete the missed call from the messages folder. That's what works for me. If your still having trouble PIN me.

-Justin
    pin:319f3c9a

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 08:12 PM
    To end this conversation, go to the number in the call log, hit the menu key, and then view history.

Bye bye icon...
    08-14-08 12:12 AM
    To end this conversation, go to the number in the call log, hit the menu key, and then view history.

Bye bye icon...
    yeah... we didn't try that yet <<tone was sarcasm>> no, seriously, thanks for offering help. but, I've done all of the obvious stuff and i think the other posters have tried all of the obvious stuff:

soft reset (twice)
    battery pull (3 times)
    deleted ALL message logs
    deleted event log (alt LGLG, delete)
    switched themes
    just waited a few days
    prayed

nada, nothin' still have that darn icon tauniting me. I really don't want to wipe / restore. That kinda scares me.

anyone else have any suggestions?? - By the way, this question has been asked on several threads and I have scoured the forum, this seems to be a real problem that is a head scratcher for even the geniuses. Whoever can figure this out will earn much respect..... there, maybe a challenge will get some crackheads crackin' out a solution. did ya hear me???... I don't think you can do it. <<tone was playful taunting>>
    09-04-08 12:27 AM
    If anyone read my above method, it is guaranteed to work and I have found no other way to "unstick" a "stuck" icon

I posted that info knowing that it is the best solution I could come up with and it seems as everyone just ignored it

09-04-08 12:59 AM
    If anyone read my above method, it is guaranteed to work and I have found no other way to "unstick" a "stuck" icon

I posted that info knowing that it is the best solution I could come up with and it seems as everyone just ignored it

no, I didn't ignore it, I just didn't want to face the painful truth that I needed to do all of those steps, you're right, it's the only solution. I'm just scared i'm gonna screw something up. I went thru all of the steps from another thread and backed up my 3rd party apps on a desktop icon and am about to wipe / restore
    09-04-08 01:11 AM
    Good luck!! I am sure if you followed Crucial_Xtreme's third party application backup guide then you will be fine. Also remember to back up all data on your PC with DesktopManager
    09-04-08 11:56 AM
    Ok, I did it last night, It's not as bad as it sounds, very time consuming. Went off without a hitch and deleted the icon. Too bad there's not a simpler way, but in te end it gave me more confidence and familiarity w/ my berry, thanks for all the posts and directions - priceless
    09-04-08 12:01 PM
    Ok, I did it last night, It's not as bad as it sounds, very time consuming. Went off without a hitch and deleted the icon. Too bad there's not a simpler way, but in te end it gave me more confidence and familiarity w/ my berry, thanks for all the posts and directions - priceless
    You are very welcome!! Glad everything is working well for you now... and it really is not as hard as it sounds, as long as you follow the right steps.
    09-04-08 12:08 PM
    Have either of you reset your device?? And check all of your messages folders as well...

If that does not work :

2) Backup 3rd party apps
    3) Wipe device

Where can I find the steps to do this? I am scared too...lol
    05-12-09 10:22 AM

If that does not work :

2) Backup 3rd party apps
    3) Wipe device

Where can I find the steps to do this? I am scared too...lol
    Use this link for the procedure for backing up 3rd party applications. You may also benefit from the memory optimization link in bmcclure's signature.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    05-12-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD