I recently installed some game apps on my blackberry and cant seem to delete them with the normal way. It keeps saying required by IT policy. I have wiped handheld and still nothing. Any other ideas.
    01-14-09 03:04 PM
    Is the phone on a BES?
    01-14-09 03:10 PM
    Whats a BES
    01-14-09 03:55 PM
    Well, the title says that it is a company BB, and it keeps giving you that IT message. I am guessing BES. You need to check with your IT before deleting stuff.
    01-14-09 04:47 PM
    If it's a company blackberry, most likely it's attached to BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service). Your company IT dept can manage your blackberry this way, and they can set up an IT policy such that you might not be able to delete any apps if you don't have proper authority. Check with your IT dept on this one. Bottom line is be careful, if it is on BES they can monitor whatever you're doing on your BB....
    01-14-09 04:55 PM
    Thanks ldubs. Thats the question i needed answered. Yes it is on a BES and i downloaded like a game on it and wanted to get rid of it so they wouldnt find out. Guess im stuck. I wanted to know if there was around the IT permissions.
    01-14-09 04:59 PM
    This is precisely why IT puts policies on there.
    01-14-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD