My delete ket is acting as the trackball button whenever i push it. It will function as a delete, but then a nemu pops up as if I've pressed the trackball. Also, my trackball is hyper sensitive and will react as if its been pused for no reason. Does this happen to anyone else? How do I fix it?
    11-02-07 02:42 AM
    I take it, it didn't always do this? So, first try a battery pull (take the battery out while the device is on). Secondly, go to options / screen & keyboard, and make change to the sensitivity of the trackball there...
    11-02-07 03:24 AM
    I posted a reply that might help. I've had this happen before. Please see my post at the address below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/sen...rackball-6994/
    11-02-07 11:25 AM
    That is very creative!
    11-04-07 04:42 PM
    Same problem here ... my delete key/button will sproadically pop up a menu when I try to delete something. I tried the "upside down air can trick" but I still am having this problem. I also tried a battery pull ... no luck. I am also having problems with my trackball automacially clicking on things without me touching it, but I'm not sure they they are related. Any help?
    12-31-07 11:46 AM
    I take it, it didn't always do this? So, first try a battery pull (take the battery out while the device is on). Secondly, go to options / screen & keyboard, and make change to the sensitivity of the trackball there...
    Actually, the problem I am having is similar, but its the sensitivity of the clicking, not the scrolling. I don't believe there is a way to change this, is there?
    12-31-07 11:57 AM
    My delete ket is acting as the trackball button whenever i push it. It will function as a delete, but then a nemu pops up as if I've pressed the trackball. Also, my trackball is hyper sensitive and will react as if its been pused for no reason. Does this happen to anyone else? How do I fix it?
    Same thing going on here. Any way to fix it? Battery pull is a no go....
    03-03-08 07:58 PM
    WillFulmer, By any chance, did you apply a screen shield to your BB? I could be wrong, but I had one on the BB that was giving me this issue, and I wonder if it had anything to do with application spray getting behind the keys. Just a thought ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-08 10:29 PM
    My blackberry is equally possessed. I don't know what is going on right now, but its incredibly frustrating - I have the same problem with the delete key->menu. It seems to be acting very randomly - I'll have it sitting on my desk, and all of a sudden, it'll start sending messages, or calling people - or i'll be on the phone, and the mute will go on and off over and over again. I'm assuming this is related to the trackball clicking over and over again, but I haven't been able to figure out a solution just yet. If anyone discovers a solution, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be getting a can of compressed air to hopefully help. Good luck to the rest of you.

-Adam
    03-16-08 05:01 PM
    In my attempt to delete and upgrade the phone to set it up for sale to get my Tour, my delete button now acts like the "Enter" button of "Trackball Push" button.

I just upgraded it to 4.5 and it start doing it. has this happened to anyone else? was anyone able to fix it?

Im thinking maybe i should downgrade back to older version perhaps. ideas?
    07-12-09 06:26 PM
    I think I ended up just getting the phone replaced because for me it became a bigger problem with my other buttons not responding properly.
    07-12-09 07:02 PM
    I think I ended up just getting the phone replaced because for me it became a bigger problem with my other buttons not responding properly.
    i might end up going to vz store... this is ridiculous... can you imagine typing emails or texts and hitting delete twice in a row to delete a typo and bam! it sends watever you typed... hate this crap! i ordered the tour already, but i wont be able to sell this in this state...
    07-13-09 12:41 AM
    Is your caps lock on by any chance, if so thats whats causing it...
    07-13-09 09:11 AM
    Is your caps lock on by any chance, if so thats whats causing it...
    if only it were just that i spent a ton of time upgrading and downgrading my OS version last night. nothing worked so far.
    07-13-09 10:05 AM
    ah, crappy, caps happened to me is why I asked. Good Luck with it though, if you've formatted and reinstalled the os its more then likely a hardware issue I'm sorry to say...
    07-13-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD