During software upgrade connection was lost, not able to reconnect. Tried to reboot the 8830, not just a white page with a circle, square and triangle inside. Looks like the thing is totally dead anything that can be done?
    12-02-07 08:54 PM
    take it to verizon store say u were doin a backup and it just locked up and now it wont power on. your under warranty so they should swap it out for ya.
    12-02-07 09:23 PM
    Thanks. But all the sudden I could connect to the damn thing again. I was able to reload OS. And after loooooooong reboot. I got the thing up running again.

But now I am not able to active this little annoying thing at the enterprise server anymore :-(
    12-02-07 10:16 PM
    507 icons just means there is no OS on the device. You already figured out that you can simply run Application Loader again and load the device. The device always takes 10-20 minutes to during and after an OS reload. After the first reboot it will reboot as normal again.

Also, after upgrading you will lose your connection to the BES server. You'll need to contact your IT department for a new activation password.
    12-02-07 11:14 PM
    Thanks, I got it. Now it is all back again...
    12-02-07 11:41 PM
    *sigh of relief*

heh glad to hear u got it working again.
    12-03-07 02:39 AM
    does it do anything when you try to reboot it? mine just has a double blinking LED light and nothing on the screen.
    12-27-07 10:06 PM
    take it to verizon store say u were doin a backup and it just locked up and now it wont power on. your under warranty so they should swap it out for ya.
    The employees I work with know all about the 507 icons, and any phone that has been hacked will have to be exchanged by the tech support team. If they see any unauthorized OS on there your screwed
    12-28-07 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD