I was told by a wise person here that I needed a media card to transfer information, did that. Thank you. Now, when I go to transfer writing I do in my memo pad to my computer, the only options I have under "open" in micro word are...music, pictures, video, ringtones. Do I need a blackberry version of word to transfer the writing? I saw that app and really want it anyway, but again, how do i transfer writing from my BB to my laptop?

Thanks
    W
    02-14-09 11:39 PM
    Docs-To-Go will let you save files to a Media Card, but you won't want to use it as the transfer media. The easiest way to get files from/to the Media card and your PC is to use Mass Storage Mode. Here's how:
    Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.
    02-15-09 12:51 AM
    i get a prompt that sats media card not avalible because mass storage mode is currently in use.
    02-15-09 12:55 AM
    i get the drive now, but there is just music, videos, ringtones, pictures. and one xml doc that is code or something, nothing about a wordpross app
    02-15-09 12:59 AM
    When in MassStorage mode, you can using Windows' Explorer to drag/drop documents or other files to you media card. Only certain types of files will be available to the BB but you can place pretty much any types of files on the card for storage and/or transport.

While the usb cord is plugged into the BB in MassStorage mode, the BB canNOT use or read the card.
    02-15-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD