Hi all, new to the forum, but have been getting info on here for a while. So, I've been at the same company for 8+ years, needless to say, I have all of my info, contacts, everything in my BB. Well, I left my company, and after they shut down my email, my phone was completely wiped out and defaulted. It didn't even have the default area code on it, or time zone. Everything, gone.

Question, does IT departments have the ability to completely wipe out all of the data on my BB remotely? I would have assumed they would have just shut down my e-mail account.

Thanks for any info!!
    05-02-08 03:49 AM
    Idk, but I hope u kept a back up @ home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 04:57 AM
    Yes I believe they can do that remotely. Hope they removed any IT policy that was on the device also.

Welcome to CB!

05-02-08 05:07 AM
    If your company uses BES then yes. The admin would just whipe your device remotely.

05-02-08 05:49 AM
    yes I see alot of that at my company. proproitary information so the totally wipe the handhelds. I am suprised the company let you keep the BB.
    05-02-08 05:55 AM
    yes I see alot of that at my company. proproitary information so the totally wipe the handhelds. I am suprised the company let you keep the BB.
    Well, it was my BB, I bought it, not sure they could take it away from me. Unfortunately, I didn't back up my info...so I will make sure to do that from now on! Thanks guys!
    05-02-08 09:19 AM
    Yep, remote wipe from BES is nice. Takes care of those employees who don't want to come in for exit policies to clean up company data off their devices.
    05-02-08 04:06 PM
    That business sucks. That is why I don't trust people.

05-04-08 04:52 PM
    thats gotta be bad...Gotta back it up!
    05-04-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD