I recently got a brand new 8830 without a battery and tried to use a curve battery that was fully charged. it fit in and turned on but said battery was low. anyway can i use the curve battery in my 8830 World Edition? Or do i have to purchase a new battery?
    09-29-09 09:37 PM
    Don't think it'll work, hence the different designs for different phones. And I wouldn't want to be messing around trying to find out, anyway. You could end up seriously damaging something.
    09-29-09 10:00 PM
    new blackberry user. thanks alot
    09-29-09 10:05 PM
    I don't think the damage would be too bad. But it def will not work correctly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 11:07 PM
    Ebay has batteries for the 8830 for $5 shipped. Problem solved. haha.

Just for some fun facts, the C-S2 (8330) battery has a 1000mAh capacity and C-X2 (8830) battery has a 1400mAh capacity and are both the same voltage 3.7v.

Not too sure why it reads it as being empty. My guess is either RIM programed the phone to know if a different battery is in the phone, and to then display 0 power to let you know you have the wrong battery, or since it has a smaller capacity, the voltage will be lower under load so the phone has software to read this and display an empty value perhaps since it thinks the battery is bad, so you know to buy a new one. Something along these lines is my guess, but clearly it works and is proper voltage if the radio still stays on and doesn't cut out like it will when the voltage drops too low
    09-30-09 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD