I just got a Sprint 8830, and man this thing is awesome. Makes my Treo 700P look like a toy! This thing just works! No resets, no lockups-at least not yet. I am loving life!

That being said, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping some more senior members can answer about this new device:

1. Is there a different media player available for BB? I would love to be able to create playlists in addition to just shuffle songs.

2. Does the Blackberry bluetooth support AD2P profile? I'd love to be able to use a pair of bluettooth headphones.

Thanks a lot. I look foward to finding out all the things that the Blackberry platform has to offer.
    07-18-07 04:12 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! I'm not a 100% on your questions, one of the MODS could help better. Coming from 3 different Treos, I know how you feel about the 8830 !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-07 06:03 PM
    No A2DP support. =(
    07-18-07 06:27 PM
    This is the only other media player I know of:

Dollars 5 Complete � Blackberry

As far as the stereo bluetooth, I think the Curve is the only device capable of this right now. I could be wrong, I don't have an 8830 to play around with.
    07-18-07 06:29 PM
    No A2DP support. =(
    It does have A2DP support. Lots of people have this working and there a ton of posts about it. I've never tested it myself.
    07-18-07 07:29 PM
    1. Is there a different media player available for BB? I would love to be able to create playlists in addition to just shuffle songs.

2. Does the Blackberry bluetooth support AD2P profile? I'd love to be able to use a pair of bluettooth headphones.
    1. You can create playlist just fine with the built in media player. I don't have a manual handy but I use W3U playlist all the time. I think it supports other playlist formats too.

2. It does have A2DP support although it is not documented anywhere. Do a search here and on Blackberryforums.com for A2DP and you should find more info.
    07-18-07 07:32 PM
    Actually, I might have been mistaken, I read this as a Verizon 8830 question.

RIM BlackBerry 8830 - silver (Verizon Wireless) Reviews. Smart phones Reviews by CNET.

As for the Sprint 8830, dunno if it supports A2dp, but VZW's version doesn't. Possibly a locked out feature???
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-19-07 at 11:09 AM.
    07-19-07 11:07 AM
    Actually, I might have been mistaken, I read this as a Verizon 8830 question.

RIM BlackBerry 8830 - silver (Verizon Wireless) Reviews. Smart phones Reviews by CNET.

As for the Sprint 8830, dunno if it supports A2dp, but VZW's version doesn't. Possibly a locked out feature???
    I did some more research on this and I'm now unclear whether A2DP is supported on the 8830. There are about 5 posts that I could find on BlackberryForums where users claim that they have A2DP working on VZW 8830. Other people claim they cannot make it work. So I dunno.
    07-19-07 11:30 AM
    Just found this on RIM. It appears that the 8830 DOES support A2DP stereo BT with device software 4.2.2.240 (which is only available for Bell & Sprint right now). 8830 A2DP Support
    07-19-07 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD